fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Adult Learner from Singapore

More
21 Feb 2012 07:12 #2086 by wendykoh22
Hi everyone, I'm a Singaporean holding a full time teaching job in the public school. Purely motivated by interest, I have been learning piano for the past 6 years and during the course, i have taken grade 1 and 3 piano exam with ABRSM. While i have learnt quite a fair bit from my music education with ABRSM programme thus far, i found my acquisition of music literacy rather slow and inflexible. I am able to play my exam pieces well but almost incapable of decent sight reading.

I was introduced to Soft Mozart by Nancy and have observed tremendous improvement in my music literacy. I started on the programme since the start of this year, and within 1.5 months, i conquered "Fruit Lines" and can confidently say that i have acquired decent music literacy in the aspect of sight reading. This is definitely a milestone SM has allowed me attained. I am looking forward to continue to work on my music education with SM and excited to see the results!

I am marveled to see the music literacy i can acquire as an adult learner (who is often labelled as "too late to learn music") through SM and can certainly say that a child with a growing mind can definitely achieve much more!

SM is definitely a great programme that has the potential for further expansion from an educator's point of view.

Well done SM and Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2012 10:48 #2093 by Mandabplus3
Oh thats wonderful! I am working on cracking that fruit lines!!!!!
So guess key for you next? Time to improve your perfect pitch?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
21 Feb 2012 18:45 #2098 by hellene

wendykoh22 wrote: Hi everyone, I'm a Singaporean holding a full time teaching job in the public school. Purely motivated by interest, I have been learning piano for the past 6 years and during the course, i have taken grade 1 and 3 piano exam with ABRSM. While i have learnt quite a fair bit from my music education with ABRSM programme thus far, i found my acquisition of music literacy rather slow and inflexible. I am able to play my exam pieces well but almost incapable of decent sight reading.

I was introduced to Soft Mozart by Nancy and have observed tremendous improvement in my music literacy. I started on the programme since the start of this year, and within 1.5 months, i conquered "Fruit Lines" and can confidently say that i have acquired decent music literacy in the aspect of sight reading. This is definitely a milestone SM has allowed me attained. I am looking forward to continue to work on my music education with SM and excited to see the results!

I am marveled to see the music literacy i can acquire as an adult learner (who is often labelled as "too late to learn music") through SM and can certainly say that a child with a growing mind can definitely achieve much more!

SM is definitely a great programme that has the potential for further expansion from an educator's point of view.

Well done SM and Thank you!

Dear Wendy,
Thank you very much for sharing your story with us.
Do you think, Singapore's public school system will benefit greatly by having the program in classes for all the kids?

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Feb 2012 19:30 #2099 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh thats wonderful! I am working on cracking that fruit lines!!!!!
So guess key for you next? Time to improve your perfect pitch?

Don't hurry!
Thorough learning lasts longer! :P

Back to the Mozart

More
24 Feb 2012 13:06 #2163 by wendykoh22
Yes.. working on pitch now.. its really quite tough.. haha :)

More
24 Feb 2012 13:12 #2164 by wendykoh22
You're welcome. There is a lot to learn about music in many different and creative ways. As for picking up piano in a classroom context, i think SM is definitely fun and effective way. Not to mention that it is relatively easy for a teacher to monitor and facilitate a class of 40 (a regular class size in Singapore school) with SM. :)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds