fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Games-Can they begin with the staff Vertically

More
13 Oct 2012 09:03 #6149 by cmontoni
Before I began SM I had completed some note reading practice several times over the last year, and am finding that practicing with the games vertical is like unlearning what little I already know. It is like what I did learn I have to unlearn in order to play the games.
For the songs I can play them with the lines and spaces vertical, but I can't find how to do that with the games. Help!! I have other piano note reading games I can use but prefer to stick to the MS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2012 09:29 #6159 by Mandabplus3
Helene could explain this better but..
Have faith! Keep going. If may confuse you at first and you may start off a bit slower than you would have if it was horizontal BUT by doing it this way you are making beautiful connections in your brain. Teaching your brain the links between the piano keys and the staff. I can read music and I also struggled a bit to begin with. I kept turning my head to the side! :lol: but I am glad I persisted. I can now finish a few of the games and am aiming (slowly) to get them all done in under 20 mins. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about the value of the games to begin with. Well I can assure you they are worth persisting with. They really do help with your playing, sometimes in surprising ways. The awkwardness you feel now won't last long.

More
13 Oct 2012 09:32 #6160 by cmontoni
Do I need to start a level one each time I start a new game? Am I suppose to progress through each level in one sitting? Thank you so much for spending time with me this morning. You are very VERY helpful. I am still so new. But learning!

More
13 Oct 2012 09:42 #6164 by Mandabplus3
No problem at all! sewers all in your boat once, not so long ago. Ask anything. I will do my best.
Yes you need to begin at the beginning each time. You will zoom through the bits you are good at, the games are intuitive, they adjust to your level continually. The best idea for beginning is to set a time limit. Say 5 or 10 minutes. Once the clock in the bottom corner hits your time limit, record your score. That way it will be easy to see your improvement. As you can compare yesterday's 10 minutes with today's 10 minutes. Wor knowing is that the game time keeper doesn't record a real 10 minutes but records 10 minutes of actuall playing time. Good to know if you only have 10 minutes before rushing of to work!
You will know when you need to increase your time to 15 or 20 minutes as you will be getting maximum points repeatedly by then :)

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds