fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Soft Piano Specifics

More
11 Oct 2012 11:28 #6107 by cmontoni
Hi
Would you please confirm the following for me.....
When playing the Soft Piano program-
The flower, dwarf and butterfly have the following meanings....
Flower- displayed on a note means it is time to play the note
Blooming Flower- The flower goes through blooming for as long as the note should be held
Dwarf- If a dwarf appears you have hit the wrong note or held the note too long
The numbers
Numbers on left lower part of the screen indicate the number of notes in the piece vs the number of notes you get correct- The goal is to get them all correct
Number on the right lower part of the screen indicates the number of errors in note duration. The goal is to get a low or 0 score

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2012 09:08 #6121 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Soft Piano Specifics
The flower you got right. Hold until it blooms.
The dwarf is Mister Oops. He pops up when you don't hold the note long enough.
A spider is for a wrong note.
The rest you got right :)
The numbers to the bottom left are the total notes you got correct out of the total possible to get correct. ( the total notes played) you want a high score here. 32/32 means you played them all right, no mistakes.
The numbers to the right are the ideal speed to play the piece. You want a low score here. If you get a 0 then you are perfect but a 1 is acceptable too :lol: remember that the timing is kept by a computer and we are not computers so near enough is good enough here :cheer:

More
12 Oct 2012 23:18 #6135 by msadrienne
Replied by msadrienne on topic Soft Piano Specifics
Hi...

I'm still learning this, too, and wonder if someone can clarify: Is the number in the lower right-hand corner a tempo "match" indication, or is it simply showing time elapsed while the student plays? Maybe I am not looking in the right place... I watch the seconds tick up through each play-through, so not sure what I am missing.

Thanks!

I've attached a pic here with the part of the screen circled (red arrow and circle) to make sure we are talking about the same thing:

Attachments:

More
13 Oct 2012 08:50 #6146 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Soft Piano Specifics
That number starts to record the time elapsed since you pressed the first key, but it is more than that it only records time that is TOO SLOW for the piece. So its more like a tempo match in that regard. If you play it at a perfect speed you will get a 0 score at the end. If you play too slowly the number will increase.
If you press "s" you can here the speed the song is supposed to be played, then try to match it to get a 0 in the bottom corner. Try playing left hand only on one of the easy songs like hot cross buns and see if you can get a 0. Then you will understand exactly how it works. :)

More
13 Oct 2012 19:38 #6200 by msadrienne
Replied by msadrienne on topic Soft Piano Specifics
Okay, I will try that. Thank you! :)

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds