fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Need some advice about the level of songs

• monlingling
  • monlingling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Aug 2012 09:40 #5288 by monlingling
Need some advice about the level of songs was created by monlingling
I played "The Merry Farmer" from FAVORITE CLASSICS 2 last week and started to learn and play the "Springtime song" from MOZART FOR CHILDREN this Monday. I play about 1hr to 2hrs per day when my baby is sleeping during afternoon. :S

I learned piano for 2 years about 10 years ago. It is so difficult for me to determine which song should be learned for progressing as I don't know the level of the songs. Some songs are too difficult and some are easy. Any one can give me some advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2012 16:17 #5299 by hellene

monlingling wrote: I played "The Merry Farmer" from FAVORITE CLASSICS 2 last week and started to learn and play the "Springtime song" from MOZART FOR CHILDREN this Monday. I play about 1hr to 2hrs per day when my baby is sleeping during afternoon. :S

I learned piano for 2 years about 10 years ago. It is so difficult for me to determine which song should be learned for progressing as I don't know the level of the songs. Some songs are too difficult and some are easy. Any one can give me some advice?

Let me be your guide, monlingling!

First of all, please, provide me with this information in you Springtime song:
1. What presentation do you use: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6
2. What is your score playing by Right, Left and Both hands?

The note should like this:
Fav Classics: Springtime song
R 5 *for example* 15 out of 16 *I don't remember the exact figures* / time 15 *or whatever it is*
L 5 *the same routine*
P 5 *the same routine*

By looking at the numbers I would be able to see, where are you at you coordination development.

If you will be able to make a video of your hands for me, it will be even easier to determine, what pieces to recommend for you!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: monlingling

• monlingling
  • monlingling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Aug 2012 07:31 - 26 Aug 2012 15:53 #5309 by monlingling
Replied by monlingling on topic Need some advice about the level of songs
Thx hellene,

I started practicing this song since Monday (20 Aug 2012)
Monday - use presentation 1, 2 for LH and RH separately
Tuesday - use presentation 3, 4 for LH and RH separately, presentation 5 for both hands for first 9 bars of the song
Wednesday - use presentation 5 and concentrate on the rest of the song for both hands
Thursday and Friday - use presentation 5 for the whole song

Below is the result on 25 Aug 2012,
MOZART FOR CHILDREN: Springtime song
R5 91/91 - 1
L5 119/120 - 1
P5 188-207/211 - 30

result on 26 Aug 2012,
P5 202-209/211 - 30

The overall performance today is still not that smooth but really feel my sight-reading is improving.

I tried to take video by my mobile but don't know how to upload.

hellene wrote: Let me be your guide, monlingling!

First of all, please, provide me with this information in you Springtime song:
1. What presentation do you use: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6
2. What is your score playing by Right, Left and Both hands?

The note should like this:
Fav Classics: Springtime song
R 5 *for example* 15 out of 16 *I don't remember the exact figures* / time 15 *or whatever it is*
L 5 *the same routine*
P 5 *the same routine*

By looking at the numbers I would be able to see, where are you at you coordination development.

If you will be able to make a video of your hands for me, it will be even easier to determine, what pieces to recommend for you!

Last edit: 26 Aug 2012 15:53 by monlingling.

More
27 Aug 2012 10:10 #5317 by andreasro

monlingling wrote: I tried to take video by my mobile but don't know how to upload.

Hi moonlingling,
Manda wrote here how to upload videos using youtube, hope it helps.

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, monlingling

More
27 Aug 2012 18:08 #5320 by hellene
Hi, monlingling! Thank you very much for sharing your results!

monlingling wrote: Thx hellene,

I started practicing this song since Monday (20 Aug 2012)
Monday - use presentation 1, 2 for LH and RH separately
Tuesday - use presentation 3, 4 for LH and RH separately, presentation 5 for both hands for first 9 bars of the song

Here is what I suggest for you: please, understand: when you choose a challenging song for your coordination, please, use presentation with pictures. By seeing what you play you have less stress to effect your muscles. We also are going to learn how to sight-read piano pieces, but for this activity we'll choose easier songs and will play them on 2, 4, 5 and 6.

Gradually will be able to handle both tasks: sight-reading the difficult songs, but it will happen down the road after developing proper piano technique.

Wednesday - use presentation 5 and concentrate on the rest of the song for both hands
Thursday and Friday - use presentation 5 for the whole song

Below is the result on 25 Aug 2012,
R5 91/91 - 1
L5 119/120 - 1
P5 188-207/211 - 30

result on 26 Aug 2012,
P5 202-209/211 - 30

The overall performance today is still not that smooth but really feel my sight-reading is improving.

I tried to take video by my mobile but don't know how to upload.

I like these figures! The piece is very challenging for beginner-beginner. :)

I think, we can try some from Intermediate Level repertoire: let's try learning

1. Scott Joplin The Entertainer (American Album) - this piece is going to help you to maintain your piano technique

2. T Haslinger Sonatina C-dur (1) , Allegro non troppo from Musical Pieces

and

3. A.Grechaninov Mazurka from Classical Dances

Please, practice these pieces on 1st or 3rd presentation

For sight-reading, please, use Favorite Classics 1. Play all the pieces on R (2, 4, 5 or even 6) and try to make no more then 5 mistakes.

Please, keep me posted about the numbers! I am also looking to see your figures and video!

Back to the Mozart

More
29 Aug 2012 11:03 #5334 by Mandabplus3
See I told you she would be detailed ! B)
Wonderful stuff! Oh to find 2 hours! If only my boy would nap....

Practicing for such a dedicated amount of time puts you in the very capable catagory within 3 years ( according to all those books we read from the Brillkids forum, like Mindset, and Developing Talent in Young People) 3000 hoursis very capable, 10000 hours for extrodinary. I rekon your daughter might just hit extrordinary. :cheer:
I think it is just wonderful you have found a fun way to pursue what has obviously been a long term goal, learning to play piano.
Don't forget to play the games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monlingling

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds