fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

getting organised, tips, advice...help!

More
04 Feb 2012 10:36 #1713 by Mandabplus3
In my house I have 4 people learning piano (and one piano!). We have a busy schedule of school, gymnastics, taekwondo, swimming...Ok you get the idea :whistle: We also do other learning activities daily. Now what I found was that a few days would pass and I would notice one of my children hadnt done any piano time :( and I hadnt noticed. So I decided to get organised :)
We now have a reward chart for each child, with the activites I expect them to get done each day. Jaykobs is here

It lists playing the piano seperately to playing piano games as I try to use the solfege cards, powerpoints or softmozart game dailly too. This system is working well for us! He is very keen (as are the girls) to fill it up. This week his reward is lego because we need more lego :lol: We need to add another column for his photo eye play, because he has decided to that with the girls. I also have a page to print for piano practice attached...its not perfect but is good for little kids, it doesnt give enough room to write scores, but does ensure a minimum is done each week. I need to work on this one a bit as it would make Jaykob and the girls keen to practice more often or for longer. At the moment we use a notebook each but I cant keep track of the games easily in that, hence combining the book and chart.
I would love to hear your ideas on how you keep organised.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2012 14:57 #1718 by NadiaD
Thank you, Manda!

That is exactly what I am trying to do at the moment as well: get organized and to find perfect tracking system for our early learning program.
I love your chart! I made mine with a pen and pencil, but having ability to reprint it every week is SO much better. My chart is 30-day one, and just looking at it's all empty space that I will need to feel up, makes me stressed . :)

More
04 Feb 2012 22:13 #1723 by Mandabplus3
Oh no! 30 days would be heart breaking! Jaykob is finding a week long enough! I was considering a daily check board to keep him keen but he has the system worked out now. I have a few if you want me to load up some blank ones. Or Nadia I don't mind doing one for Isabella if you tell me what she does each day :) it doesn't take long, I did it in word as an insert table. Keep it to 8/9 activities a day at the most or it looks overwhelming. A monthly chart for you could be good as you could see at a glade which activities you constantly miss :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
11 Feb 2012 10:32 #1881 by Mandabplus3
I am pleased to report this system of reward charts is working very well. All my kids now expect to play both gentle piano and a piano game every at every practice session :) Previously they were doing one or the other. Their charts are full of stickers and they are super keen to fill every square (even though I would give them the OK for most squares full..crikey they do enough as it is!) Now I only need to do a quick glance to see who is slacking off and a self check (because its usually me! :ohmy: ) and I can direct my energy to teaching...or housework if I am lucky :P

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds