fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Learning piano through SM with my 3 year old

More
25 Sep 2011 01:04 #95 by ttteh
All,

Soft Mozart (SM) caught my attention over many products in the market for two main reasons:

1) I believe in SM because the developer (Hellene) is a musicologist who has done extensive research work in bringing piano lesson in a fun and easy way to everyone.

2) SM is proven to be working on children and adults. I have watched all video clips (you tube) posted on the internet.

I learned piano in the conventional way when I was 6 years old. I always felt that it was difficult to learn piano and I finally stopped learning piano after a few years. Now, I have two children and I would like them to learn piano in a fun and less difficult way. When I read about the SM product two years ago through BrillKid website, I know SM will work for my children. At that time, I was so excited that I found a good music software. I was glad that I bought the software when my daughter was 17 months old.

I started to use the SM myself. I wish I had the same software when I was a kid. It is fun and easy to use. Even my husband, who did not know to play piano, can play the introductory songs in SM easily with both hands.

I started the Guess Key game when my daughter was 2.5 years old. I taught her to play the introductory songs when she was 3 (when she became ready / mature enough to play the piano). She loved it! She enjoyed playing the Hot Cross Bun with both hands, and even she could memorize the songs and played it without the software.

After seeing her enthusiastic in learning piano, I decided to start her on formal lesson when she was 3.5 years old. SM curriculum on Hanon exercise and Chromatic scales are helpful in hand-eye coordination and finger exercise. My daughter fingers muscle improves over 1 month after practicing these exercises and she loves it. She is able to play 3 introductory songs by memory, currently learning to play 1 classical song and 1 nursery song. She is also learning to sight read. She transitions well from representation 1 (vertical view) to representation 3 (horizontal view). I feel that SM curriculum advance traditional method by at least a year or two years.

I highly recommend SM to anyone of all ages who wants to learn piano.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2011 21:28 #132 by hellene
Thank you, ttteh!
:)

Back to the Mozart

More
23 Oct 2011 22:20 #190 by hellene
I created the video of Rachel playing 'Pop! Goes the weasel'

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Jan 2012 04:12 #1124 by ttteh
Rachel is learning to play Theme of Symphony by Haydn in Classical Pieces.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD, the Moon

More
13 Jan 2012 04:25 - 13 Jan 2012 04:28 #1126 by ttteh
Rachel sight read two pieces of music everyday from Favourite Classic Primer. She would play P4 until the mistake is not more than 5 then proceed to P5. She is playing Fantasie-Impromptu. Her score is
P5 40/42 Time 42

Here she sight read Minuet in Favourite Classic Primer. This is her first time sight read this piece at P5 after playing once at P4 64/65 Time 59. Her score is P5 60/65 Time 74

Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 04:28 by ttteh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD, Mandabplus3

More
13 Jan 2012 04:43 #1128 by hellene

ttteh wrote: Rachel sight read two pieces of music everyday from Favourite Classic Primer. She would play P4 until the mistake is not more than 5 then proceed to P5. She is playing Fantasie-Impromptu. Her score is
P5 40/42 Time 42

Here she sight read Minuet in Favourite Classic Primer. This is her first time sight read this piece at P5 after playing once at P4 64/65 Time 59. Her score is P5 60/65 Time 74

Pei Lin, thank you for sharing these videos. Finally, in 4 months, I had a chance to hear Rachel talking (ending of the first video) :lol:

Wonderful girl, super mom... I will miss you very much!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds