fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Questions for teachers and musicians

More
08 Dec 2012 00:35 #7142 by andreasro
I have taken seriously the idea of having a recital in December. I took the chance of accompanying the kids for my son's group in kindergarten. But I didn't think it through so I'm facing some problems, of course :lol:

:whistle: I know... a beginner has crazy ideas :silly: Please bare with me.

They are singing three songs I've been practicing:
Christmas Carols: We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Christmas Classics: Jingle Bells and Joy to The World

I've been practicing only in sight reading, never used the solfeggio pictures.

I can sing the songs in Romanian in the scales I'm practicing on the piano but the kids can't. They are singing in a lower range. The Moon told me that they have short diapason (I'm posting here so we can have a online talk too).

Here are the audio files with the Romanian lyrics or version for each

File Attachment:

File Name: 3Christmas...rics.zip
File Size:6,710 KB

I have tried to find out how to transpose We Wish You a Merry Christmas to play in harmony. And the comfortable accompaniament for them seemed to be when right hand started from lower Sol. I have also thought an introduction for them, inspired by what my EK sounded when played in Song Bank. I guess I have to find a finish too :lol:

But the main thing is:
How do we accompany children singers with these songs? Do we play the right hand (I take this as a focal point, but maybe I'm mistaking) in the scale they sing? Or one scale higher? Or one scale lower?

Even if I won't be able to accompany them correctly and they'd rather use negatives to sing, I would love to hear your answers. It's a great lesson for me.

If you want to know why did I take such a big challenge on myself though I'm at the beginning of beginning... well... I have to keep myself motivated and very preocuppied, otherwise, these months for me, till summer are going to be very tough emotionally and mentally. And playing piano keeps me in high spirits :) and that's what I need for the days to come (my husband is on another continent 10 months a year :oops: ).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2012 02:59 #7145 by hellene
Andrea, here is a suggestion for you:
Please, go to Solfeggio and Chords like we did it last summer.
The routine is:
You open ANY Album of ANY level in Major or minor.
For the very first piece, please, do
S
L
LH

Fot all other pieces in the Album do:
S
LH

You will gain/build the skill to find corresponding chords for any melody in any key

Let me know, how it went!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
08 Dec 2012 03:09 #7148 by hellene
PS
The voice diapason has some interesting feature: it develops with practice :P

Back to the Mozart

More
08 Dec 2012 23:42 #7168 by Mandabplus3
In time as your ear develops you will find transposing songs much easier. For a beginner it can be quite tricky.
If the children are singing lower you can play in a lower key by starting the song on a key closer to where they are singing. Once you know how to play the song starting from the normal spot all you do is move your hand down to where you want to start from ( think you said SOL) then start playing. When you get to a note that doesn't sound quite right press the closest sharp or flat instead until you think it sounds right. Then keep playing. Using the same sharps and flats for each time you get to that note.
I reckon you can do this BTW. ;)
Then you need to figure out the chords to play along with it. You can cheat not his one by finding a song in softmozart with the same notes you played in your transposed song and use the same chords as there :P or better yet get it transposed and ask Helene which note to play for a chord accompaniment. I can transpose the right hand no problem but struggled to pick chords. Other people can pick chords easier. Neither is actually as difficult as the music world makes it out to be! Wish I knew that as a kid! :ohmy: good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
10 Dec 2012 19:23 #7202 by andreasro
Here's my try with an intro taken from the original Romanian file:

The speed should be with both hands as in the right hand intro, still working on it. The final version should be longer of course, see the ROmanian version in a former post.

More
10 Dec 2012 19:31 #7203 by andreasro
First answer:

The Moon advised me to work with metronome to polish, from slow to faster, so this is my next step.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds