fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Keyboard or digital piano?

More
29 Feb 2012 21:28 #2254 by seastar
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice. I want to start teaching my almost 2-year-old to play piano. Her birthday is coming up and I want to get her a keyboard/digital piano as her present. I have read previous threads in which many of you recommended getting a 61-note keyboard instead of a digital piano. I am quite torn between this option and splashing out on something with 88 notes - mainly for myself! I used to play piano years ago (up to Grade 4) - I would like to take it up again and I have wanted to buy a digital piano for myself for years.

I'm looking at the Casio PX-130BK Privia Black Digital Piano www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-PX-130BK-Privia-B...id=1330552523&sr=8-1 or the Casio Privia PX-135 www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Privia-PX-135BK-T...0/ref=dp_ob_title_ce .

Any thoughts or words of wisdom from those further down the road?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2012 21:46 #2255 by Mandabplus3
Oh boy you have a tough decision to make. But I think what you need to consider most is
First, does your two year old have the strenght to press the keys on the digital piano or will having the weight behind them slow down the ability to learn. How dedicated can your child be with the finger excersizes? the extra weight really can matter at that age.
Secondly, will you be happy with the keyboard? If you know you won't be happy to play it then get the piano! ( or look into a second hand/borrowed/cheap keyboard so you can both be happy) I think its very important for the mums to be enthusiastic and a beautiful instument is something you will understand. My oldest is just at the point now where she will need a weighted piano. I can see she struggles just a little on the piano at school after practicing on the home keyboard. Personally I would love the digital piano to use for myself and we plan to buy one this year sometime. I think both your choices are great BTW. Beautiful pianos, basically the same sound wise.

More
01 Mar 2012 14:43 #2285 by seastar
Replied by seastar on topic Keyboard or digital piano?
Yes, I was wondering about the weighted keys as I'm sure it would be difficult for her for the next few years at least. I think I read somewhere that this is a function that can be turned off. Anyone know if this is true?

More
02 Mar 2012 01:28 #2295 by Mandabplus3
Yes the only place I have ever heard it said that they can be turned off was on this forum...not sure if it's true, hopefully someone else knows.

More
08 Mar 2012 12:39 #2420 by seastar
Replied by seastar on topic Keyboard or digital piano?
Woohoo! The Casio px135 arrived this morning, just in time for DD's 2nd birthday at the weekend. Hopefully, I'll be able to set it up this evening as I can't wait to get started. Thanks for the advice

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds