fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Electronic Keyboard and MIDI keyboard controller

More
14 Jan 2012 23:11 - 15 Jan 2012 03:42 #1186 by NadiaD
I answered a question on BK forum about the difference between Electronic Keyboard and MIDI keyboard controller. I am reposting it here as I hope Hellene will answer it as well and subject will be more clear for everyone looking to buy keyboard for use with SMozart.

Do you think this keyboard could work with the software?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...top:en#ht_2573wt_922

I am not sure about the rest of the specs it has,
But the main reason why it is not suitable is it has only 49 keys, you need to have at least 61 keys to be able to use it for SM.
So far what I see is that Waterdreamer is might be getting the best bet:
www.softmozart.com/forum/12-technical-qu...-for-a-keyboard.html

It has 61 keys and USB port, so you will be saving on MIDI cable...

Please, MAKE SURE TO POST ALL THE QUESTIONS, ESPECIALLY TECHNICAL ONES on Soft Mozart forum , so like this you can get full info on topic.

I want to point out the difference between Electronic Keyboard and MIDI keyboard controller that lelask was looking at
both can be used with SM, but in MIDI keyboard controller sound is coming from the computer, so if it is not connected to the computer there will be no sound coming from it....

In Electronic Keyboard sound is coming from the keyboard, so you can hear what you are playing even when keyboard is not connected to the computer.

While buying make sure it comes with AC adapter, and ask if it has USB port,if not you will need to buy a MIDI connector cable.
also let them know your Operational System (Windows 7, Vista 34 bit or 64 bit)
casio keyboards do not have drivers for Vista 64-bit OS, so if you have it, look at other options!

avoid keyboards with keys that light up, they may be very distracting to younger children, while using SM

Hope this info helps!
Last edit: 15 Jan 2012 03:42 by NadiaD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds