fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

7 Great Kids Get What They Can't Have Otherwise

• CJ
  • CJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jul 2013 01:55 #11448 by CJ
We did receive the software and are loving Soft Mozart. :) Thank you!! The school year was very full but now that it is summer I have time to be online and update.

The three older children so far have learned to play by memory a few of the Introductory Songs pretty easily and two of them recently figured out some chords and full on sight reading of sheet music (a huge step for them). One likes to show me how she can play from memory with her eyes closed. :) These three children also had an opportunity come up for tuition-free violin classes (in the fiddling style) last fall, attending with their best friends even. This came up after I ordered Soft Mozart and took away a lot of the time we had slotted for piano -- giving us two or three days a week to learn piano instead of six. Learning the violin and performing at various functions has been incredibly good for them however. Our youngest adopted daughter is so musically inclined she begged for her own violin for a Christmas gift and quickly learned to play several songs on it here at home (she is not enrolled in the violin classes). She amazes us. Of the three younger children (two 5 year olds and a 3 year old), she is the most musically inclined and passionate about it. She is so determined when she practices either piano or violin she does not want to stop and does not realize she is wearing herself out! I have to make her take breaks. My seven year old daughter can play the French Folk Song and is working on others. They all (including the two year old) like to play either the Guess Key game or the Fruit Lines game. We've been progressing through the curriculum and are working on the finger exercises.

Between the added in violin classes and that I have been sick constantly with various things for seven months (thyroid? parathyroid? we're still figuring it out) we're not as far as we would have been had I been feeling normal...but my kids ARE learning to play piano and are EAGER about it. No complaints from them when it's time to practice. In fact, my 9 year old son recently was so excited that he figured out how to read sheet music (in one day) that he was making plans to practice on his free time; that says a lot since there are dozens of things he could choose to do but piano took priority!

Soft Mozart is the ONLY way our family could proficiently learn piano. There is no way our schedule or our budget could afford private lessons for seven kids; the flexibility of learning in our own home as we are able is exactly what we need to not be overwhelmed but be able to keep learning!

Our family gets together weekly with a couple of other large families (who also have kids taking the violin classes) and the kids lead us in songs as they play the violin or guitar. No one is leading with the piano yet but after figuring out how to read music and sight read the other day because of Soft Mozart, my boys are inspired and feel confident enough that they can learn songs to lead us with and be the first to add piano to the group!

Thanks, Soft Mozart!

CJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds