fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

One student's problem

More
12 Jan 2013 14:23 #7693 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic One student's problem
Yes that one allows it to work on win 7 right? But doesn't solve the dozen note problem?
Ok so it happens to me all the time. But I have to disconnect my laptop from the piano all the time too! And remove my krypto key each time too. To solve the problem you need to find the right combination to plug everything in, in. At my place that means Krypto key goes in before I turn on the computer and the piano has to be turned on before the USB gets plugged into the computer then turn it on. The order is the key to it running smoothly. If mine freezes I just exit the program unplug the USB re connect it and then renter the program.
I had never thought to press S! That would be much better as a solution as we all need to hear the music anyway! Faster solution too. I will try that!
I do think most of the issues I have are because the piano is older than the combined age of all my children! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rbennett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2013 16:16 - 12 Jan 2013 18:49 #7699 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic One student's problem
I run windows 7 on my computer and it has worked fine for a year. I do find, like Manda, that everything must be plugged in in a particular order. First the Crypto key, then the keyboard and then I must turn the keyboard on, then I can start the program up AFTER the keyboard has been recognized by the computer. With the last Windows update there have been a couple issues that only starting over has solved - like the freezing, but I am now going to press "S" and see what happens.

This problem has less to do with SM than it has to do with the keyboard/midi interface with the computer. I went to Yahama to solve this problem. For whatever reason, windows does not always recognize the keyboard so SM can't either. That is why unplugging the keyboard and replugging it in and making sure you hear the recognition sound before you open SM works. If you read the Yamaha manual it tells you to plug it in and then turn in on, and then open your software.

EDIT: We used the program this morning - the hitting "S" did not work to solve the freeze but disabling AVG stopped it altogether. I think we are going to have to get a different anti-virus program. I remembered a thread about this earlier.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2013 18:49 by Mrs.Post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rbennett

More
13 Jan 2013 08:55 #7701 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic One student's problem
I removed AGV but it didn't stop that issue. I have been using Avast all year and am very happy with it. Free too. Using it solved a bunch of issues I had not just with softmozart. Avast is very user friendly!

More
13 Jan 2013 12:19 - 13 Jan 2013 12:23 #7702 by Ines
Replied by Ines on topic One student's problem

Mandabplus3 wrote: I removed AGV but it didn't stop that issue. I have been using Avast all year and am very happy with it. Free too. Using it solved a bunch of issues I had not just with softmozart. Avast is very user friendly!

I've used Avast too, the last 5-6 years.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2013 12:23 by Ines.

More
14 Jan 2013 18:54 #7710 by rbennett
Replied by rbennett on topic One student's problem
Thanks so much for this input! I have used Gentle Piano on my desktop computer a few times and seemed to work but most often I am using an old Acer. I"ll try this suggestion too!

More
14 Jan 2013 18:54 #7711 by rbennett
Replied by rbennett on topic One student's problem
We use Avast as well.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds