fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Teachers Training Experience

Felt board games to teach solfege (video)

More
18 Oct 2012 01:35 #6312 by msadrienne
I made a felt board on Monday, and to go with it, green and brown lines, little round notes with the Do Re Mi pictures, and eight fruit baskets (with pom poms for "fruit.") I hadn't started using the board with my kids yet, but they have been playing with it on their own.

Tonight on their own, they came up with a game to race from the piano keys to the board to put the "fruit" in the matching basket. We eventually had to make them stop playing so they could get ready for bed. It was all giggles and fun for both kids. I took a short video:

Let me know if the video won't play... I have it set to "unlisted" for now, but you have the link, so it ought to work. Hope to have more pics, videos, and descriptions later. :)

~Adrienne
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2012 01:47 #6313 by msadrienne
Okay, for reasons I can't explain, the video stops at 41" -- but you get the idea.

More
18 Oct 2012 04:04 #6315 by msadrienne
Here is the corrected video:

More
18 Oct 2012 15:15 - 19 Oct 2012 16:41 #6325 by msadrienne
Here are several images of the felt board and felt pieces we are using:

Treble Staff:

Baskets:

Including "Fruit" :)

We can play "Fruit Lines" on the felt board:

Detail:

All the lines will fit on the board, but I will need smaller notes:

I hope this gives other teachers and parents some ideas for more interactive play with your children and students! If my kids play with this before the computer, they will be more confident and want to play more. :) They can also play with the felt board when the laptops are not available.
Last edit: 19 Oct 2012 16:41 by msadrienne. Reason: Changed pic
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Vika

More
21 Dec 2012 01:53 - 21 Dec 2012 01:54 #7398 by msadrienne
My son routinely plays with the felt board on his own accord -- I think I posted this somewhere else, but it seems to fit in here. I had the green lines on the board, but he added everything else on his own while I was out of the room. This was about six weeks ago:

:)

Here he decided to play a matching game with ABCs and Do-Re-Mi. He got a good start before I stopped him so we could have dinner. ;)

I am planning to bring the felt board with us on our Christmas trip to see family next week. It will be something I know he will play with! Could be better than any of his Christmas gifts, who knows? ;) :D
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Dec 2012 01:54 by msadrienne. Reason: re-upload picture
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheyeow

More
24 Apr 2024 07:00 #52211 by Sivilirovam-Maria-google
Можно видео посмотреть? Спасибо

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds