fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

Kevin - Teacher from U.S.

More
11 Dec 2012 23:56 #7226 by kevinwilber
I just received my full copy of SoftMozart yesterday, and I've been exploring the different components and getting a feel for how I am going to use them all with my students.

Just as a challenge to myself, I thought I would see what kind of a score I could get on some of the exercises if I played them all the way through. Here are the 2 that I completed today.

Note Alphabet - Score: 1766 Time: 14:38
Note Duration - Score: 1964 Time: 9:27

(If you are at all competitive, like I am, feel free to post your scores too! I'm always up for a challenge!)

I can't wait to introduce some of my students to these games and exercises. I know that SoftMozart is going to revolutionize the way that I teach piano!

I'll keep posting as I explore more!

Kevin Wilber
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2012 05:02 #7234 by msadrienne
Hi Kevin,

I've enjoyed having the full version for the past two months... and am using it during almost every lesson. For my most-advanced students we are using it for sight-reading and harmonization using the "Solfeggio Chords" repertoire in Gentle Piano. Other students sight read new repertoire and review it (sometimes even practice sections) here during lessons, and may play one or two of the other games/components.

I'll compare scores with you. :) Here are some screen shots.

Note Duration on December 4th:

Guess Key on December 6th:

If a student is late, or I have a few minutes wait, I open a game and practice it. It seems to me I shouldn't ask my students to do anything that I haven't attempted myself. Right? ;)

What was the number to the far right when you played Note Duration? I think that indicates tempo accuracy, as in the Gentle Piano program (presentation levels 1 through 5).

~Adrienne
Attachments:

More
13 Dec 2012 05:51 #7237 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Kevin - Teacher from U.S.
Aha!
And now try to play Guess Key with the monitor covered :P

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Dec 2012 05:57 #7240 by msadrienne

hellene wrote: Aha!

Hmmmm... that sounds like a challenge! :)

(but you mean it wasn't enough that I did it in Solfege and not ABC?)

;)

OK. Will do... I may be sitting at the keyboard a good long while LOL.

More
13 Dec 2012 06:57 #7241 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Kevin - Teacher from U.S.

msadrienne wrote:

hellene wrote: Aha!

Hmmmm... that sounds like a challenge! :)

(but you mean it wasn't enough that I did it in Solfege and not ABC?)
girl
;)

OK. Will do... I may be sitting at the keyboard a good long while LOL.

Woops! I skipped 'mentoring' part. Sorry! Adrienne, I sooo proud of you doing the games on Solfeggio! Way to go, girl :woohoo:

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Dec 2012 18:13 #7259 by msadrienne
Thanks, Hellene! I need to be more fluent in solfege... we learned the "movable Do" form in college, which I sometimes automatically revert to when I am hearing certain intervals (especially Dominant-Tonic relationships). Sometimes I sing "Sol - Do" when it's really "Re - Sol" etc... LOL. My students must think I'm nuts... ;)

My laptop did an automatic shut-down for Windows updates while I was on the last level of Guess Key with the screen covered. The first few levels only took a few minutes (9?) but level 7 was too chromatic for me to hear well. I was up to about 40 minutes. It was putting my relative pitch to the test! ;)

Maybe another time...

Kevin ~ Here is my Note Alphabet score from this morning:

Hope you are all having a nice day!

~Adrienne
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds