fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

Rachel 4 year old

More
04 Feb 2013 18:58 #8184 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Rachel 4 year old
Pei Lin, my son has amazed me too with reading. In a month of practice P1 to many songs, not only those from Introductory, I've pressed P2 few days, and few day ago P4 (on the songs he knows by heart - still, it was a bit confusing, so he had to read to play good). Guess what? He's doing great! I think they are able to learn very fast to sight read! I'll try to see how far can he get so I'll go to P5 soon for the same song.
Of course, we're also do sight-reading for other albums, like Nursery Songs, so he's practicing sight-reading, but in P2 for now.

I'm like this :ohmy: with my son lately! It has become a habit of being knocked down by his progress. I think we should trust more our children and their ability to learn.

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: ttteh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2013 00:46 #8190 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Rachel 4 year old
We purchased some of Tamsyn's music manipulatives. Both Cayla and Philip can place notes on the staff accurately. Philip has a better track record than Cayla, but Cayla can place the black notes on the staff correctly about 75% of the time. She gets a little confused middle c & d. I am always amazed at how much they learn and "just pick up" it changes the ball games entirely when you do it intentionally. I am ever grateful to BK and Soft Mozart for making SO easy to teach that there is almost no excuse not to. And am always grateful to have like-minded parents to share the journey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ttteh, andreasro

More
22 Feb 2013 04:18 #8460 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic Rachel 4 year old
Dear Parents,

I have been receiving some resistance from Rachel of practising the piano since we had a long break in December. She does not want to play long songs and her concentration on piano is not as the same as before. I also receive the same response from her for other academic work.

According to Ms Hellene, this is a normal reaction from young children. Ms Hellene, suggested a few steps that I had followed and it had work well and I am seeing progress with Rachel's playing and improved in concentration.

Ms Hellene, suggested that I make some paper money to encourage her to play well. Instead of paper money, I make colour butterfly pictures and print out 50 of them. I would place it on the piano whenever she plays well. But she still does not like me to take away her paper butterfly if she does not play well. Rachel will tell me not to take it away but she will try her best to play well. Secondly, Ms Hellene choose a shorter song but a nice song that will improve her hand technique.

After collecting the paper butterfly, I allow her to exchange for a sticker. Rachel wants to play the piano every day and she is looking forward to exchange to sticker with the paper butterfly. She volunteer and told me that she wants to play a new song two days ago - GARDEN.

Regards
Pei Lin
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, andreasro

More
22 Feb 2013 16:16 #8473 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Rachel 4 year old
I am so proud of her! Way to go, Rachel!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds