fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

Cayla 3 y/o with Down Syndrome

More
09 Sep 2012 02:46 #5489 by Mrs.Post
I pulled this from the other progress diaries., since we are working on the fall semester

We are going to attempt a weekly video and update, this is perhaps more for us than anyone else. Cayla's improvement seems dramatic to me. We took some footage of her AFTER 20 minutes of practice. She went through HCB 6 times this was her last. We also went through Ode to Joy 5 times. She was asking for more but her times were getting slower with more mistakes.

Her best scores for HCB 14/32 15/28 15/35 this last one took a little longer as she was starting to lose focus. It seems as though we have moved over the first major hurdle - looking at the notes and then pressing the corresponding keys. She reads most of the notes even without the icons. Learning Ode to Joy is taking way less time. I'm hoping that after the recital we can transition to two hands.

And, she is singing everything in solfege.

We have chosen Ode to Joy and HCB for the recital. And we bought her a dress. :cheer:

The following user(s) said Thank You: sv81, the Moon, krutaia_mama, chadabbi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2012 22:57 #5669 by Mrs.Post
Today we got a video of Music Alphabet. She has a cold right now asn is pretty tired. She starts to think a little slower.

Best Ode To Joy scores using RH last week: 27/96, 27/92, 28/85, 29/87

The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
17 Sep 2012 22:58 #5670 by Mrs.Post
She is practicing music about an hour a day. Between Little Musician and Soft Mozart, she is busy. She plays the keyboard about 20-30 minutes a day.

More
18 Sep 2012 00:38 #5671 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: She is practicing music about an hour a day. Between Little Musician and Soft Mozart, she is busy. She plays the keyboard about 20-30 minutes a day.

Sonya, she is so wonderful!
Thank you for sharing the videos with us! Karmas to you!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

More
27 Nov 2012 14:09 #7030 by Mrs.Post
So, I'm really terrible at this update thing. Philip evidently pulled the stickers off the keyboard between yesterday and today. Well, Miss Cayla practiced this morning without them. She was a little flustered at first. But her time on Ode to
Joy was 28/65. Which is right about where she's been for the last week or so.

Hellene, I am wondering if you well, or anyone has great idea wbout how to get ther to play with her whole hand. We've been planning to have her play both ands using all her fingers after the recital, but she really is ready to move in that direction. I know some of the BK moms put stickers on their hands, but I don't necessarily want to use color. She tends to be very visual. I've tried helping her place her hands but she doesn't seem to get it.

More
20 Dec 2012 00:08 - 20 Dec 2012 00:11 #7374 by Mrs.Post
Cayla's Recital Video

Ode To Joy and Hot Cross Buns

Sorry Bad Video Will have to repost...
Last edit: 20 Dec 2012 00:11 by Mrs.Post.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds