fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi from Northern Ireland

More
14 Mar 2013 01:48 - 14 Mar 2013 01:50 #8825 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
You can introduce Soft Mozart very early. Both my son and a little girl I have now in daycare started at around 17-18 months. Patience is key. They will have an interest for awhile and then not. And then it sparks up again and then completely goes away and all you get is banging of the keys and a frustrated mom.

Something I've discovered is that what you see is not what they are learning. Your job as a parent is to keep up with the input. Just keep feeding them the information in whatever "fun" form it takes. Sometimes, with a toddler, it takes a lot of creativity. But they are absorbing it.

One of the things we started in the last month was just playing the Soft Mozart CD as background music at home. I think this helps train the ear when those little rascals will do nothing else.

Paying with butterflies or spiders did not work for us. It was the age.

I would read through the old forum posts and just try stuff till it works for you. And then expect to only work for a little while before you have to change it up again. We cycle through things. For a little while we do Little Musician everyday, and then he says,"no". So we do something else. But I go back to it and test the waters to see when he will participate again. Whatever you do, don't make them do it when either of you are in a bad mood. It just ruins the whole thing altogether.

BTW - this is Ana. She was 19 months old here, my son is the naughty one giving directions while I am holding the camera with one hand and restraining him with the other:

Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 01:50 by Mrs.Post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2013 03:59 #8828 by Nguyen
Replied by Nguyen on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
Hi Alina,
I am glad to see you here. I have my son as same age as yours. I am really curious how you teach your daughter her interests as music? Do you follow curriculum for 2 year old? You and your daughter take your music lessons daily? What is kind of your music activities you and your daughter have done?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

• dalis
  • dalis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Mar 2013 17:22 #8861 by dalis
Replied by dalis on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
Hi again,

- to Mrs. Post:
Very true what you have said Sonya. Not just with music, but with everything. When they are young the interest is here one day, then it's gone.But even so, just using the piano for my own pleasure seems to help her a lot. I saw the video, but can put the sound up just now, I'll have to watch it again. Thanks for this post and the private ones, they have helped me.

- to Nguyen:
I have tryed the curriculum. It didnt work for her. I have adapted it in the sense that I showed her the card succession do-re-etc the first week, then the next week re-fa-etc and so on. Also at the begining I followed the curriculum not with her at the piano, just me playing and her beying around.
I cant keep the keybord out all the time as she takes great pleasure of climbing it, in fact she climes on everything. Since she started showing me a possitive interest I've taken it out daily. Some days she does great, other times she is just clowning with it (frustrating). For the first 4 months I took in out an average of 4 times a week I'd say.
Apart from SM and LMs I bought a lot of nursury rhymes cd's and each morning I play one of them. Tbh most of the time it seems she isnt hearing them though.
Also we've taken her to Jo Jingles and Caterpillar Music. Both have the same idea. The kids and parents sit in a big circle and the lady starts her cd player and everyone sings, claps, taps, walks, runs, etc. They each get for most songs an instrument like bells, simbal, etc. It is something that she really likes.
Please also share what you are doing with your son to develop his music appreciation and play the piano.

More
23 Mar 2013 21:33 - 23 Mar 2013 21:34 #8998 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Hi from Northern Ireland

dalis wrote: I found out from Andrea (a romanian member on this forum whom I met on brillkids months before) about SM. She linked me a video of her then 8 month old and I knew it's something that I want to try.

The video I showed you then is in a new thread :P Maybe it will inspire others too :P I will keep a little progress diary for a little little one here: My very early learner, Romania

Andrea
Last edit: 23 Mar 2013 21:34 by andreasro.

• dalis
  • dalis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Mar 2013 17:49 - 28 Mar 2013 01:45 #9040 by dalis
Replied by dalis on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
Here is another short clip of my still 23 month old girl learning to play with her left hand. She is trying all methods!

Last edit: 28 Mar 2013 01:45 by hellene. Reason: Enhance video link

More
28 Mar 2013 01:50 #9044 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi from Northern Ireland

dalis wrote: Here is another short clip of my still 23 month old girl learning to play with her left hand. She is trying all methods!

What's a wonderful girl!
I have couple of suggestions for you.
For some reason, when she plays left hand I didn't hear right hand. You may tune up the program a little.
Please, go to ALL PROGRAMS - Soft Mozart - Tools - Tuning and switch to sound of piano in MIDI play back (computer+piano games)

Now a little suggestion for our smart 23 months old baby :)

It seems like little extra visual support would help her a lot! Get tiny stickers and apply to left Do Fa and Sol. She'll find the keys and will build her fine motor skills of the left hand much faster.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds