fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi from Northern Ireland

• dalis
  • dalis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Mar 2013 16:03 - 12 Mar 2013 17:06 #8783 by dalis
Hi from Northern Ireland was created by dalis
Hi everyone,

I'm Alina and I am a Romanian living in Northern Ireland. I am married and I have a 23 month old daughter called Kate.
I've introduced her to all sorts of early learning materials including 4 and a half months ago Soft Mozart.
I was very excited about the ideea that I can teach my little one something I never had a change to know about, music. I found out from Andrea (a romanian member on this forum whom I met on brillkids months before) about SM. She linked me a video of her then 8 month old and I knew it's something that I want to try.
I bought a 6month subscription and a new PSR333 to start with. I printed the book, made a little notebook to mark the proggress, etc. W
eek after week I waited for my daughter to stop bashing the keyboard and to let me show her how to use SM. She never did allow me, if I tryed to touch her fingers she would pull them away. Or worse going away and start doing something else. For 4 months I took the piano out daily at the begining and 3 times a week after a while. My skills got better but all she did was bash it. Very rarely she caught the fruit, she was actually happier to let the spider have it.
The only positive was that she somehow learned the do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do from the cards and would even try to sing them at the right hight of voice.
2 weeks ago she had a break through, I put the 3rd view in Gentle Piano on and I was playing Jingle bells. And she came like a magnet. Yesterday she went to the piano and played 4 times the song with her right hand. She even sounds out the notes. We are finally starting to enjoy it. I even made a movie witch I'll link here:

I will start slowly again with the curriculum, will adapt it to what she likes and I'll update with the progress later on. Will hopefuly get answers and ideeas on the forum as I am a complate beginer in this.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2013 17:06 by hellene. Reason: Improving the link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2013 17:22 #8786 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
:woohoo: My dear Alina, so glad you are here! :kiss:

Kate is one of the very early learners using Soft Mozart! And she's doing great! The attraction to spider is very common thing, you know? :lol:
If you are in Guess Key, you may tell her the spider will have a stomach ache from eating so many fruits. :P
As for Gentle Piano, you may try to tell her if spider comes butterflies will not be able to fly. I didn't always have great explanations, I tried till it worked :P But maybe other parents here will refresh my memory because many of us encounter similar things and teachers have given us ideas on how they do it in piano classes.

Andrea

More
12 Mar 2013 18:56 #8789 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
Alina, your video made my day! :woohoo:

Your personal example is the most important motivation. This is why I encourage parents of young kids to start learning first.

Did you notice that kids from intelligent families have wider vocabulary, they are better learners in school and have better cognitive skills? The more information kids absorb at their early age - the more knowledge seeds will grow up in future.

Sometimes I am teaching big families and when the youngest come to my lessons they have very fast and steady start.

Your baby is already adjusting her voice to the pitch of the piano. I see her eye/hand/voice coordination in making. It is very remarkable!

There are many creative ways to make kids practicing. I wrote a little about it in my blog. Did you read it?
softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-b...rite-a-new-book.html

Back to the Mozart

More
12 Mar 2013 20:52 #8794 by Larisa
Replied by Larisa on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
Hi Alina,
I had a problem with a keen interest in spiders too. Some kids try to press simultaneously as many wrong keys as they can. Just to get a spiders' choir. I couldn't handle it. I tried to cause a feeling of pity for the hungry dwarf. But boys have no interest in that old stupid man but they are really obsessed with those ugly spiders. The only way for me to keep their motivated in fruits is to award them with those fruits. I have a special magic basket for this case. After the lesson we have a look in it. If the dwarf was satisfied with a number of fruits, he puts a gummi or jelly fruit (sweet) in that basket ;) .
For your own child you can have a little box of strawberries or another berries :P .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

• monlingling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2013 01:05 #8799 by monlingling
Replied by monlingling on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
Amazing...
Looking forward to let my baby girl to learn with Softmozart in the future months. Hope my baby will enjoy it like your daughter.
Recently, I am using little musician and my baby enjoys a lot. My planning is start the softmozart programme after her 2 year-old birthday. After watching your video, seems I can start earlier...

• dalis
  • dalis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2013 16:26 #8818 by dalis
Replied by dalis on topic Hi from Northern Ireland
Hi again,

Thanks for all your replies.

- to Andrea: I'm happy to be here and really glad we met and thank you for your advice so far

-to Hellene: I wish I'd come across this before I had Kate as I would have had time to enjoy the piano and music much more than time allows me to now. And yes I do believe that her seeying me play it, as little as I do it, has helped her passively learn. I'm happy the video made your day :p. And no I haven't read much on the forum. I will check the link out and read more. I barely have time for the computer this days, but will catch up.

- to Larisa: yes I found it hard to deal with no progress at all for so long, as it was something that I really wanted her to enjoy. I haven't tryed rewards as she doesnt have any patience and if she sees the "eatable price" I can't win the battle and she'll get them and then all interest she had in the activity is gone. But will think to see if I can find a way to link her achievement to some sort of reward

- to Monlingling: Kate enjoyed a lot about 40 lessons of LMusician, after that all interest was gone, she just wouldnt watch it at all. Barelly any progress there. But will keep on trying as my patience is bigger than she thinks :p. And yes, SM can be introduced earlier than 2. Even earlier than 1 as Andrea will tell you

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds