fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from Malaysia

More
20 Jun 2012 08:35 #4509 by Elyse
Hello from Malaysia was created by Elyse
Dear All,

I'm Elyse from Malaysia. I have a 2 years old boy Isaac. I've bought the SM few months back but didn't have time to explore. My final exam just over and I am so excited to kick start the program with my boy now. I have tried to let Isaac familiarize with solfege symbols so far, kudos to all the wonderful power points shared, so much of efforts in there.

I received a user guide which came together with SM, but still feeling a bit overwhelmed as to where should I start. Is there a curriculum to follow for SM? Kindly advise =) Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2012 09:15 #4510 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Hello from Malaysia
Starting with familiarizing with the solfege symbols was spot on! It's quite important.
Here is a link to my sons first week.
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...ith-soft-mozart.html
We followed the curriculum guide, found in the start here section in the files that came with your program.
Basically start playing Hot Cross Buns using just the right hand, any fingers. You will find it under Introductory Songs album.
While you are busy teaching Isaac that play around with the games until you figure out how they all work, then you can teach Isaac how to play Guess Key game.
It is overwhelming at first but just start playing and reading and you will figure it out through taking action. Post any questions, we will answer :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elyse

More
21 Jun 2012 13:54 - 21 Jun 2012 13:59 #4535 by Elyse
Replied by Elyse on topic Hello from Malaysia
Dear Mandaplus3,

Thank you so much for your reply. It is so kind of you. Between, do we have to buy the materials required separately? (i.e. solfeggio key stickers, piano key guides solfeggio, printing flash card level 1,2,3, Kingdom of tune book and etc). I bought the full perpetual version, there is only a CD and a crypto box in my box set.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2012 13:59 by Elyse.

More
21 Jun 2012 22:53 #4546 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Hello from Malaysia
Actually all those things are extras. You don't need any of them to successfully teach piano to your child, however some you may want.
The one I will highly reccomend you get is the solfege stickers. You can use the printable piano key guides but I wouldn't attempt that age group without the stickers. They just need the extra support. So basically I am saying "buy the stickers!"I even recommend getting two sets as undoubtably at some point your son will pull some off ( don't let him see you sticking them on :) ) I suppose an alternative ( temporarily) would be to cut out and paste the symbols onto your keyboard.
The kingdom of tune book is a coloring in and story book to learn music theory. It is fun for kids, they do seem to like it. The decision to puchase it will be personal. How much do you know about music? If none, the book will be extra useful to you. You can always add it in later.
The flash cards you need right now are available free. Hopefully someone will post a link but I think it is under learning resources on the the home page. Te others you can download as you need them or want them.
Also there are lots of pretty free downloadable flash adds ( especially useful for Isaacs age group) in the share file section of this forum. Scroll right down to the bottom on the forum index page.
Oh and don't loose the crypto key! Tie a big ribbon to it. It is your program and expensive to loose!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
21 Jun 2012 23:07 #4549 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from Malaysia
Dear Elyse,
Welcome to our forum!

Elyse wrote: Dear All,

I'm Elyse from Malaysia. I have a 2 years old boy Isaac. I've bought the SM few months back but didn't have time to explore. My final exam just over and I am so excited to kick start the program with my boy now. I have tried to let Isaac familiarize with solfege symbols so far, kudos to all the wonderful power points shared, so much of efforts in there.

Did you print the cards from our TRY now page? Kids also love to touch the notes and play with them.

I received a user guide which came together with SM, but still feeling a bit overwhelmed as to where should I start. Is there a curriculum to follow for SM? Kindly advise =) Thanks!!!

Did you check START HERE file?

Also, it would be helpful for you to read this post: softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-b...n-your-toddlers.html

Please, write every concern or question here and we will be able to help you one step at a time!

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Jun 2012 23:12 #4550 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from Malaysia

Elyse wrote: Dear Mandaplus3,

Thank you so much for your reply. It is so kind of you. Between, do we have to buy the materials required separately? (i.e. solfeggio key stickers, piano key guides solfeggio, printing flash card level 1,2,3, Kingdom of tune book and etc). I bought the full perpetual version, there is only a CD and a crypto box in my box set.

Elyse, lst thing we want is to overwhelm you. You do not need all the materials at the same time.

Let's start with card recognition with song, Gues key game (just for 30 seconds or max 1 minute!) and 'Hot Cross Buns'.

Yes, stickers are necessary. Sorry that no one advice you to get them! Please, print out our free key guides from TRY NOW page! It would do.

Describe, please, what do you do with the child now. How often you working with your baby and what exactly happening. We will go from there.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds