fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi from a beginner

More
27 May 2015 14:12 #19031 by huongnguyen211
Hi,

I'm a totally new beginner have zero experience with playing any instruments. I'm a mother of a 3.5yo boy and I want to send my son to a piano class when he is 4yo (if he likes to play music) so that's why I start to introduce SM to him now. I have just got SM for 5 days and now both of us start learning together.

My son is really interested in playing the games in SM, especially the puzzle games and the Fruit Line game. He laughed so much whenever the spider eats the fruits. We have so much fun with the games. He also likes Gentle Piano and can play the notes correctly by either left or right hand with the first Introductory song, the French folk song. He is left-handed so right now most of the time he used his left hand and it's pretty hard to ask him to play by his right hand. We have just started so I let him to play whatever he wants, but please share with me any experience to ask the kids to play with the correct hands.

One more question is that I don't know which notes should be played by which fingers. Do you have any books about that? Is there any good Introductory book that I should start with then please let me know.

So far we really like SM and even though it is just 5 days, I can see the improvements in the way my hands react to the notes and both of us already learned a few notes. Love it! If SM can also show the finger we should play for the note then I think it will be perfect!

Huong & Ken (from US)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2015 07:12 #19033 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi from a beginner
Welcome, dear Huong and Ken!

huongnguyen211 wrote: Hi,

I'm a totally new beginner have zero experience with playing any instruments. I'm a mother of a 3.5yo boy and I want to send my son to a piano class when he is 4yo (if he likes to play music) so that's why I start to introduce SM to him now. I have just got SM for 5 days and now both of us start learning together.

I hope that you are following our lesson plans. Did you check Prep C for yourself and Prep A or B for your son? www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html

My son is really interested in playing the games in SM, especially the puzzle games and the Fruit Line game. He laughed so much whenever the spider eats the fruits. We have so much fun with the games.

Please, keep in mind that these are not just 'games', but tools for your child's and your mind training. I would recommend you to read some suggestions about how to use the tool in the most effective way here: www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...rite-a-new-book.html

He also likes Gentle Piano and can play the notes correctly by either left or right hand with the first Introductory song, the French folk song. He is left-handed so right now most of the time he used his left hand and it's pretty hard to ask him to play by his right hand. We have just started so I let him to play whatever he wants, but please share with me any experience to ask the kids to play with the correct hands.

Our approach is to build skills using different teaching technique. We use 'music money' and numbers for building motivation in beginners. I wrote about it in the previously suggested blog post. We also have a useful webinar for you under this link: pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/webinar_1

My personal recommendation to you will be to use 'cut sections' feature of the program and asking your child to play just 2-3 notes of the right hand. When he will make no mistakes with good timing and enjoy it, you may increase the size of the segment in 1-2 more keys. The goal is to nourish and build your child self-esteem and build his confidence. On the top of that to teach him how to learn successfully,
Here is the short video about how to cut the shorter sections of the piano pieces:

When you are on Gentle piano, press F 1 help window to memorize the hot keys and use them on the daily basis.

One more question is that I don't know which notes should be played by which fingers. Do you have any books about that? Is there any good Introductory book that I should start with then please let me know.

If you will follow the lesson plans and read my blog posts, you will understand how to read the numbers after each performance and what exercises to practice. Exercises are for fingers' management as well as for building the piano technique. When the time ( the figure on the right hand) will be low your son and you will be able to manage your own fingers without any book. It will come natural. Only later on you will need some help in certain places. For that we will advice you on switching to the sheet music, but it will happen later down the road.

So far we really like SM and even though it is just 5 days, I can see the improvements in the way my hands react to the notes and both of us already learned a few notes. Love it! If SM can also show the finger we should play for the note then I think it will be perfect!

Huong & Ken (from US)

It will be very helpful for you, if you will start your Progress Diary and post some videos of your hands time to time.

Back to the Mozart

More
28 May 2015 08:16 #19034 by huongnguyen211
Replied by huongnguyen211 on topic Hi from a beginner
Thank you Helene for your instruction. I'm going to read them and will try to follow the lesson plans. I'll post our progress video soon.

More
28 May 2015 08:26 #19035 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi from a beginner
Yes, it will be for your best advantage. Many confuse Soft Mozart with just piano learning software, but it is the curriculum with a lot of sophisticated components. Unfortunately, in USA and other countries music lessons are limited to instrument lessons once a week for 30 - 45 minutes. But there are a lot more to it. When it comes to University, it is too late. So, I developed gradual ways of teaching ear training, music appreciation, sight-reading, transposing, Solfeggio and other subjects from very early age to lay a solid academic foundation for the beginners.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds