fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Melody, 5 year 1 month, USA, level 2

• Mel02
  • Mel02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Dec 2013 20:33 - 04 Dec 2013 20:41 #12459 by Mel02
Replied by Mel02 on topic Melody, 5 year 1 month, USA, level 2
Helene, Thanks to your early reply.

Question is that how to figure out the music 2 times/3 times -- one task in Ear Training. Melody was listening to the chord 1 sofeggio but not getting it, I don't knowing how to make her get the concept of 2/3 times by just listening to it. Is there a way? Or I will first make her listen more typical music like "the blue Danube river" and etc and till she feels it.

Also, another thing I noticed that when Melody play music, 2 beat sound or longer sound, she is more able to press it long enough, but not 1 beat sound, she play more like half beat sound, half beat rest, even the timing on the right side looks good. Last semester you were asking us to play more butterfly, is that you think that the 1 beat is not playing enough? I am asking her butterfly, she worries about the timing. How to work on that? It seems to play the duration correctly, it is quite difficult. My ear is only roughly knowing about it too.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 20:41 by Mel02.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 01:23 #12460 by hellene

Mel02 wrote: Helene, Thanks to your early reply.

Question is that how to figure out the music 2 times/3 times -- one task in Ear Training. Melody was listening to the chord 1 sofeggio but not getting it, I don't knowing how to make her get the concept of 2/3 times by just listening to it. Is there a way? Or I will first make her listen more typical music like "the blue Danube river" and etc and till she feels it.

I supposed to make a puppet video on this, but was way too busy to create it. I am going to try my best to catch up!

Also, another thing I noticed that when Melody play music, 2 beat sound or longer sound, she is more able to press it long enough, but not 1 beat sound, she play more like half beat sound, half beat rest, even the timing on the right side looks good. Last semester you were asking us to play more butterfly, is that you think that the 1 beat is not playing enough?

Hope, I understood your question! This is what we call legato - smooth playing and staccato - short playing. Please, follow the TEACHING VIDEO for polishing since software program is limited to teach you to play correct notes in correct time.

I am asking her butterfly, she worries about the timing. How to work on that? It seems to play the duration correctly, it is quite difficult. My ear is only roughly knowing about it too.

First priority is amount of correct notes (left figure). Delays in time foes next. After that, please, follow the guides of TEACHING VIDEOS.

Back to the Mozart

• Mel02
  • Mel02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Dec 2013 04:25 - 13 Apr 2014 00:35 #12463 by Mel02
Replied by Mel02 on topic Melody, 5 year 1 month, USA, level 2

Please see Melody's playing with Soft Mozart P5. Going to following teaching video.

Jolly Old Saint Nicholas

O Christmas Tree

Joy to the World

In the Hall of Mountain King

We found quite something by searching about Peer Gynt in Helene's Music Appreciation and it is interesting to learn that "Morning Mood" and "In the Hall of Mountain King" are both songs from there and learn about Edward Greig and the Henrik Ibsen. Melody likes to play the hall of mountain king and helps the boy run fast from trolls.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Apr 2014 00:35 by hellene.

More
18 Dec 2013 04:54 #12525 by hellene
I want you do not miss this announcement: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=60822848...98340&type=1&theater

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds