fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Leonie 4.5 years old - Level B

More
04 Jan 2014 22:33 - 05 Jan 2014 06:04 #12666 by bk
Replied by bk on topic Leonie 4.5 years old - Level B
Hello Hellene,

I hope, you had beautiful days and a good beginning of the new year! :-) We weren't here for the holidays, so unfortunately no time to practice the last 2 weeks.

But yesterday we began again! Today I made Videos from her playing the finger exercice from section 3 and two pieces: Musette and This old man. In section 3 we also were playing other songs, a few from Introductory Album and also Old Mac Donald.

Finger Exercice:

Musette in P1:

This Old Man in P1:

Do you think, we could move on to Section 4? What I have noticed: we exercices Musette and This old man every time, but she doesn't seem to make progress in time. How could we exercice, so that she plays more quick? What do you suggest, should she learn this two songs by heart?

She also plays Guess Key Game every time for 1 Minute. Her best score is 104.

Best regards,
BK
Last edit: 05 Jan 2014 06:04 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2014 02:47 #13346 by hellene

bk wrote: Hello Hellene,

I hope, you had beautiful days and a good beginning of the new year! :-) We weren't here for the holidays, so unfortunately no time to practice the last 2 weeks.

Hi, BK!
For some reason, when I saw your post in our network, I was sure that you placed it in our Winter Recital section. Sorry for getting so late with my response to it!

But yesterday we began again! Today I made Videos from her playing the finger exercice from section 3 and two pieces: Musette and This old man. In section 3 we also were playing other songs, a few from Introductory Album and also Old Mac Donald.

Finger Exercice:

Very good for her age! Keep in mind that such exercise develops her mind for learning everything! Keep working on it!

Musette in P1:

Wonderful! To my surprise she is not just playing using both hands, she is singing :woohoo: PLUS she plays rhythmically. Wow!

This Old Man in P1:

Do you think, we could move on to Section 4? What I have noticed: we exercices Musette and This old man every time, but she doesn't seem to make progress in time.

She made GREAT progress for her age! The playing is good enough for our recital! You may consider that you participated in one. Please, send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your address. I am going to send her 3 butterflies for such wonderful job!

How could we exercice, so that she plays more quick? What do you suggest, should she learn this two songs by heart?

Our goal at this point is to keep her HAPPY to play. Is she happy to continue working on these pieces?
You may cut 4 bars at a time and ask her to play R and R(h), L and L(h) and P - P (h) = after that cut another 4 bars and do the same. After that play 8 bars on R, R (h) etc. Do you know, how to cut the pieces in sections?

If not, let me know!

She also plays Guess Key Game every time for 1 Minute. Her best score is 104.

The score for her age is absolutely outstanding! Your daughter has great focus and concentration skills.

Her progress made me very happy!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bk

More
09 Feb 2014 22:25 - 09 Feb 2014 22:34 #13642 by bk
Replied by bk on topic Leonie 4.5 years old - Level B
Hi Hellene,

Thank you very much for your answer. It's no Problem, that you saw the post too late... actually the last 3-4 weeks we were all quite sick, I had pneumonia, the kids were coughing. But slowly we are getting better.

So we're also getting ready to practice again! Oh, and thank you so-so much for the wonderful butterflies, Leonie liked them a lot!!!

hellene wrote: Wonderful! To my surprise she is not just playing using both hands, she is singing :woohoo: PLUS she plays rhythmically. Wow!

I'm happy, you're saying that. Yes, she likes singing while playing and enjoys that.

hellene wrote: Our goal at this point is to keep her HAPPY to play. Is she happy to continue working on these pieces?
You may cut 4 bars at a time and ask her to play R and R(h), L and L(h) and P - P (h) = after that cut another 4 bars and do the same. After that play 8 bars on R, R (h) etc. Do you know, how to cut the pieces in sections?

If not, let me know!

I don't know, how to cut the songs. Could you please tell me?

Would you reccomend, that she plays the same songs (Musette and This old Man) or should she move on to new ones? If yes, which ones do you reccomend?

Tomorrow we will continue with section 5 (a bit late in time, I hope, that's still ok)

Regards and thank you so much for your help!
BK
Last edit: 09 Feb 2014 22:34 by bk.

More
10 Feb 2014 02:54 #13647 by hellene

bk wrote: Hi Hellene,

Thank you very much for your answer. It's no Problem, that you saw the post too late... actually the last 3-4 weeks we were all quite sick, I had pneumonia, the kids were coughing. But slowly we are getting better.

So we're also getting ready to practice again! Oh, and thank you so-so much for the wonderful butterflies, Leonie liked them a lot!!!

I am so happy to hear that! My team and I worked really hard to send all the butterflies to children and beginners!
I wish to have some picture of kids with my letter and butterflies since it is promoting the very motivation to learn how to play piano. :)

I don't know, how to cut the songs. Could you please tell me?

Yes! Here is a little video that I made couple of years ago:

Would you reccomend, that she plays the same songs (Musette and This old Man) or should she move on to new ones? If yes, which ones do you reccomend?

You may ask her to practice those piano pieces with me using our TEACHING VIDEOS softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos.html

Here, for example, how our student Melody is practicing the 'Musette":

You also may start new pieces. Check 'Boogie 1' or Nursery 1 and pick a piece or 2.

Tomorrow we will continue with section 5 (a bit late in time, I hope, that's still ok)

Regards and thank you so much for your help!
BK

It is perfectly OK! Our goal is the progress and joy in learning music!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds