fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Leonie 4.5 years old - Level B

More
30 Oct 2013 22:38 - 30 Oct 2013 22:50 #12245 by bk
Hello everybody,

So nice to be here! We began learning with SM when Leonie was almost 3 years old. We did quite a few things: played all songs with both hands from Introductory Songs and some from nursery primer and nursery 1. But unfortunately we didn't do much finger exercice, as she didn't like it... And also with the playing, I think it maybe was too much for her, because she didn't like to play and almost never wanted to exercice.

So I thougt, we should begin from the beginning :-) to have more fun afterwards. We started with Prep Level B 4 weeks ago, just as described, we listened often to the Suprise Symphony, looked at it on YouTube, discussed, which instruments were played, etc. Then we repeated the finger names (do to so) and did also every time the finger exercise with right hand (do to so) with putting weight on the thumb. She loved, when I tried to remove her finger B)

Then - and I don't know, if this was a bit too little to do - we only concentrated on HCB, she played it with both hands, first view 1, then 2 and 3-5 also. I always recorded her numbers, and it got better and better.

1. oct: HCB P1 32/37 T15

9. oct: P1 37/37 T14

16. oct P1 37/37 T11

20. oct P5 37/37 T10

Unfortunately we didn't play every day, but 3-4 times a week. Usually we would do:

1. do to so with right hand, 1-3 times
2. play HCB with both Hands, different views, recording best points
3. play guess key game for 30 seconds

Was that maybe too little to do? She really enjoyed it, so for us it was ok. But in the next month I will try to add a bit more... when we were not in front of the piano we listened to Surprise Symphony, did one section with Little Musician (learning of instruments, componists, etc) and played with the symbol cards (door to door).

I've uploaded two videos of her, one playing do to so with right hand:

and one when she playes HCB.

On the guess key game she also got better and better. In the beginning she made about 30-35 points, now 50-60 points.

We would now like to begin with the second section. I have noticed, that you didn't mention any song to play. Which ones would you recommend? And should they also be played in different views or learned by heart?
Last edit: 30 Oct 2013 22:50 by bk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon, алла

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2013 16:09 #12248 by hellene
Hi, BK!
So great to see your little daughter progress! I remember her video from the last school year and can say that she grew up a lot intellectually, her fine motor skills improved and her 2 hands coordination is great for her age!

bk wrote: Hello everybody,

So nice to be here! We began learning with SM when Leonie was almost 3 years old. We did quite a few things: played all songs with both hands from Introductory Songs and some from nursery primer and nursery 1. But unfortunately we didn't do much finger exercice, as she didn't like it... And also with the playing, I think it maybe was too much for her, because she didn't like to play and almost never wanted to exercice.

So I thougt, we should begin from the beginning :-) to have more fun afterwards.

Good idea: it is always helpful to repeat the learned materials! As for exercises... Tell her that each of her fingers is different: have different size, shape, even different personality. Some fingers are stronger - some weaker and lazier. Exercises help all of them become friends and work as one team.

We started with Prep Level B 4 weeks ago, just as described, we listened often to the Surprise Symphony, looked at it on YouTube, discussed, which instruments were played, etc. Then we repeated the finger names (do to so) and did also every time the finger exercise with right hand (do to so) with putting weight on the thumb. She loved, when I tried to remove her finger B)

I was watching her playing the exercise. She does really good job! Please, tell her that Mrs. Hiner is very proud of her!

[/uote]Then - and I don't know, if this was a bit too little to do - we only concentrated on HCB, she played it with both hands, first view 1, then 2 and 3-5 also. I always recorded her numbers, and it got better and better.

1. oct: HCB P1 32/37 T15

9. oct: P1 37/37 T14

16. oct P1 37/37 T11

20. oct P5 37/37 T10 [/quote]

The numbers are great. She is ready to practice the piece on hiding mode (RH, LH, PH) and with TEACHING VIDEOS softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos/...roductory-songs.html

Unfortunately we didn't play every day, but 3-4 times a week. Usually we would do:

1. do to so with right hand, 1-3 times
2. play HCB with both Hands, different views, recording best points
3. play guess key game for 30 seconds

Yes, I think she is ready for the second segment of her curriculum: softmozart.com/forum/63-school-year-2013...d-to-5-year-old.html

Was that maybe too little to do? She really enjoyed it, so for us it was ok. But in the next month I will try to add a bit more... when we were not in front of the piano we listened to Surprise Symphony, did one section with Little Musician (learning of instruments, componists, etc) and played with the symbol cards (door to door).

You are right by not pushing her too hard. Our ultimate goal is to keep her interest and motivation to learn music. But my observation is: she is musically inclined. She can play more advanced music pieces.

[/quote]I've uploaded two videos of her, one playing do to so with right hand:
and one when she playes HCB. [/quote]

I enjoyed watching the videos very much!

On the guess key game she also got better and better. In the beginning she made about 30-35 points, now 50-60 points.

Is she singing the notes names Solfeggio? It helps to develop and voice and music ear. Many students even get perfect pitch!

We would now like to begin with the second section. I have noticed, that you didn't mention any song to play. Which ones would you recommend? And should they also be played in different views or learned by heart?

Yes! I think, she may continue learning pieces from Introductory songs (Jingle Bells) and start piano pieces from 1st Level Albums:
Favorite classics 1 - Musette
Nursery 1 - This old man.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bk

More
01 Nov 2013 09:55 - 01 Nov 2013 10:07 #12261 by bk
Replied by bk on topic Leonie 4.5 years old - Level B
Hello Hellene,

Thank you so much for your answer and the many good ideas! I've printed out your reply, so I can always re-read it.

We will start so play the HCB in hide-mode. I wonder, if it is difficult for her to play with a metronome? I will write here about it :-)

Tomorrow we will start with section 2. Should I post our progress once a week here?

Oh, and one more question: how much exercising would you reccomend? Is every second day 10-15 minutes too little for making good progress?

Thanks again.
BK
Last edit: 01 Nov 2013 10:07 by bk.

More
03 Nov 2013 18:19 #12280 by hellene
Hi, BK!
I am here to help! You are always welcome!

bk wrote: Hello Hellene,

Thank you so much for your answer and the many good ideas! I've printed out your reply, so I can always re-read it.

Good Idea. I will try mu best answering everybody's posts!

We will start so play the HCB in hide-mode. I wonder, if it is difficult for her to play with a metronome? I will write here about it :-)

Please, keep in mind that playing a piano piece in hiding mode and playing with a metronome are 2 entire STAGES. One has to be after entire completion of another.

Tomorrow we will start with section 2. Should I post our progress once a week here?

Yes! It would be very good. This way I will be able to watch your development and help you more with advices/suggestions.

Oh, and one more question: how much exercising would you reccomend? Is every second day 10-15 minutes too little for making good progress?

Thanks again.
BK

As much as SHE appreciates it. For us the main goal is her ENJOYMENT and motivation.

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Nov 2013 22:01 - 10 Nov 2013 22:34 #12338 by bk
Replied by bk on topic Leonie 4.5 years old - Level B
Hello Hellene,

Our first week with section 2 is over, it was a lot of fun for Leonie. I'm so happy I've got started with the academy for her, it's very good to have a plan.

So this week:

- She learned to play HCB by heart. She played with 0 mistakes and a time of 10-11

- She did the finger exercice Do-So with right hand and Do-Fa with left hand. Also both hands together:

- We listened a few times to Hansel and Gretel. She unfortunately didn't always have the patience to listen to the whole piece. Maybe you know of a video on YouTube where an orchestra plays? She likes to watch this.

- She played French Song with both hands. She already played this before, so it was repetition. Her score was 43/48 T30

- She played Musette a few times with R1: 33/37 T24 and L1: 30/33 T26

- She always sang, while playing and also while doing the Guess Key game

- On the Guess Key game she made about 50-60 points in 30 seconds

What would you recommend for us for the next week? I thought of:

- Learning French Song by heart

- Playing HCB with metronome (should the tempo be 79, like in your Video?)

- Playing Musette with both Hands

- Listening to Hansel and Gretel

Best regards,
BK
Last edit: 10 Nov 2013 22:34 by bk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
15 Nov 2013 05:13 #12350 by hellene
Dear BK,
I love the progress of your daughter! Please, tell her that Mrs. Hiner is going to send butterflies for each piano piece/exercise that she will play on our Winter Recital!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds