fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Isaac - 3.5 year old just started with Demo

More
01 May 2013 14:26 #10082 by cheyeow
Just started using the demo version of Ode to Joy with Isaac, my son.

The software has managed to stir his excitement and has started playing it on 30/4/2013. On 1/5/13 the next morning, he has asked to play with it again.

For now, he has been playing with one finger only and getting used to the solfege symbols on the piano. I have put the key guide on the piano.

At the first go, I did not record his marks, but on the next morning, he did:
RH - 23/30 and 25/30

As for the left hand, I decided not to do the left hand as he didn't quite get it of how to put his fingers. But the next day, he has learned how to put his fingers a little. Having to play two notes at once is quite hard for him at this age.

I am wondering, when should i tell him what fingers go where for the RH hand? Are there any fingerings given in the actual copy of the software?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 02:44 - 02 May 2013 04:22 #10085 by andreasro
First of all, congratulations for starting! :woohoo:

Here's a thread that may help you with your toddler: http://softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-blog/4552-how-to-become-the-first-teacher-in-your-toddlers.html

Regarding fingering and other questions you may have, Hellene answered a similar question here: http://softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experience/8912-teach-fingering-to-toddler.html#8919 . And after you read that message you may read a specific topic on fingering, where Hellene discussed fingering in detail: http://softmozart.com/forum/5-suggestion-box/7807-piano-fingering.html

Later added: another useful answer here . In fact the whole thread where marrtai wrote can be of help to you.
Andrea
Last edit: 02 May 2013 04:22 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheyeow

More
03 May 2013 12:44 #10091 by hellene
Welcome!
Andrea already answered all of your questions!
I just have to say that Ode to Joy is not an easy piece to learn for little kid.
Please, share, how your son co-oping with it!

Back to the Mozart

More
03 May 2013 13:21 #10097 by cheyeow
Hi Andrea and Hellene,

Thanks to Andrea for the informative links. They answered my questions especially for the fingering part as I was also trained in the traditional music method.

After watching one of Hellene's video on fingering for little kids, I have ask my son to play the left hand part with 2 fingers and he has done really well.

Day 2
RH - 23/30 T208
LH - 4/18 T 229 (was still trying to tell him to play two notes with only the left hand)

Day 3 scores did not record

Day 4 (did more left hand today)
RH - 29/30 T49
LH - 12/18 T56 first try, 18/18 T23 (was the best score for the day using two fingers)

He has been very enthusiastic about it, I think because it is a computer and he loves the flowers and butterflies that appear. He has been asking to play "Ode to Joy" everyday so far for 4 days now.

He has been playing Ode to Joy with his index fingers only so far. Don't know when I should show him where to put the actual fingers. But he has been good at hitting the right notes and looking at the computer so far and enjoying it more.

So far, we have only listened to the Alphabet chant (he loves it, as it starts slow and then increases in speed) and played Ode to Joy. Tried the demo version of the note duration game, but seems to hang my computer after the 4th note. Will try the flash card with him soon.

More
21 May 2013 14:56 - 22 May 2013 06:47 #10309 by cheyeow
Update on Isaac's progress.

Isaac has been playing Ode to Joy still practising with separate hands. He has started to use more fingers now after he learned how to play 'Do-re-mi-fa-so' with 5 fingers on left and right as an exercise before he starts to play the music. Most of the time he plays the song with one finger. He is still playing in Position 1. I have only tried giving him position 2 and 3 once in a while.

My question is, when is it a good time to start both hands together and when should he play in position 2 and 3? Can he start on a new song even though the Ode to Joy song is still a work in progress?

He is also still playing with his flash cards and guess the key game.

His best scores so far for Ode to Joy, P1
R - 26/30 T44 using five fingers (note fingering is not all right, but it his second attempt at using five fingers)

L- 17/18 T19

Will do up a video soon. What do I need to show in the video?

I am happy with his progress. SoftMozart is definitely a program I have never seen before. It has allowed little people like my son to actually play the piano and now he is not banging on the piano but actually playing note for note. He has even begun to play C major scale on his own unaware of it, but of course not with the right fingering.

As for reward of practising, I have used the BrillKids Music trial software as a reward for his practice as he likes that a lot.

Regards,

Esther
Last edit: 22 May 2013 06:47 by cheyeow.

More
21 May 2013 15:52 #10311 by cheyeow
After watching Helene's video on fingering , I think I will continue to let Isaac continue to play with one finger till he gets a low number on timing. Do you think this is a good idea?

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds