fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Teachers Training Experience

Soft Mozart in the Private Teaching Studio

More
29 Oct 2012 17:03 #6509 by msadrienne
In my Skype session with Hellene last week, she mentioned the Solfeggio and Chords section of the Gentle Piano library. She suggested I set the staff presentation to 6 and hide the left hand, and after playing the melody for the student, asking the student to play the left hand (hidden) for harmonization training.

Since harmonization and melodic dictation are already part of my teaching curriculum, this will fit right in. I have a dyad lesson (two students together) this afternoon, and we will be using the program to practice harmonizing in the keys of C and F (which they are currently studying).

Here is a short video of my daughter harmonizing Hot Cross Buns, just as an example. She already knows the piece, but here she has the staff set to 6 (usually she is on 1):

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2012 03:04 #6521 by hellene
Adrienne, I LOVE the video!
I use presentation 3 for this task with beginners. The reason is: I think, they have enough stress already with training their harmonical ear and coordination to be challenged with notation.
Of cause it is when they play entire albums of Solfeggio and Chords pieces.
BTW, we have some videos about that from the last summer:
www.softmozart.com/forum/48-summer-curriculum.html

There you can find how we work with writing notes and transposing also!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheyeow, msadrienne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds