fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Teachers Training Experience

tech problems

More
29 Oct 2012 08:23 #6500 by littlebrother
tech problems was created by littlebrother
At first when we started the software the students could hear everybody play and it was very chaotic. We got headphone adapters for the back of the keyboards so the kids could hear themselves. When they play fruitlines or the bass and treble puzzle I have to plug the headphones back into the computer so they can hear the note being played. For some students the puzzle game is most challenging and they want to switch to a new game. How do you get them to keep playing the one game and not switch to another game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2012 16:40 - 29 Oct 2012 16:47 #6508 by msadrienne
Replied by msadrienne on topic tech problems
littlebrother ~ I had a similar issue with my setup, and realized that I had set MIDI IN for the keyboard, but had MIDI OUT set to the computer sound card. I think you go to the folder Soft Mozart Ind > Tools > Soft Mozart Tuner and set both the computer games and computer+piano games to MIDI playback to the keyboard. Maybe that's all it is?

Here is a screen shot of my Tuner setup:

For the students who want to change games... sounds like fun with classroom management! Maybe give a quick reward to those students who are sticking with the game for the full duration (5? 10 minutes?), like music money or some small token, even just positive verbal feedback.

Best of luck to you! Looking forward to more posts.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Oct 2012 16:47 by msadrienne. Reason: detail added
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
30 Oct 2012 00:07 #6514 by littlebrother
Replied by littlebrother on topic tech problems
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have been thinking about giving music money. My wife had picked out some small prizes from our local dollar tree store.Thanks for reminding me to have them play one game for 5 to 10 minutes and then move to the next instruction.

More
30 Oct 2012 02:39 #6517 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic tech problems

littlebrother wrote: At first when we started the software the students could hear everybody play and it was very chaotic. We got headphone adapters for the back of the keyboards so the kids could hear themselves. When they play fruitlines or the bass and treble puzzle I have to plug the headphones back into the computer so they can hear the note being played. For some students the puzzle game is most challenging and they want to switch to a new game. How do you get them to keep playing the one game and not switch to another game?

You have to give them a goal. Every time they play a game - they follow different rout and make more points in a minute.
1. They all have to have note books to keep track of time/points
2. Give them a time frame for the game. Usually it is no more then 2-3 minutes for the first year ( one game a month!)
3. Teach them how to stop the game, when the time is expired by pressing F1
4. After stopping the game they have to write the score down.
5. After writing the score own they have to look at the previous score for the game (if applies) and compare the scores.
6. If more points made, they are candidates for getting a 'butterfly'

littlebrother, we are going to have next session very soon and talk more about it, but may I suggest to play more Gentle Piano. Start with Introductory songs!
I wish them all be able to play something for Christmas! ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
30 Oct 2012 02:47 #6518 by hellene

msadrienne wrote:

For the students who want to change games... sounds like fun with classroom management! Maybe give a quick reward to those students who are sticking with the game for the full duration (5? 10 minutes?), like music money or some small token, even just positive verbal feedback.

Best of luck to you! Looking forward to more posts.

Adrienne, 5-10 minutes for beginners sounds way too optimistic :P

I remember professors of music, my trainees, who had to take a break being obliged to finish a game in less then 20 minutes.

These games are way too intense to be treated as 'games'.

I use the following progression:
1st year - 3-4 min
2nd year 5-7 min
3rd year 10-15
4th year - finish the game in less then 20 min (BA)
5th year - finish the game in less then 15 min (Masters)
6th year - switch the language ( Solfeggio to ABC)
7th year for Guess key - play with screen covered by ear

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: msadrienne

More
30 Oct 2012 02:53 #6519 by hellene

littlebrother wrote: Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have been thinking about giving music money. My wife had picked out some small prizes from our local dollar tree store.Thanks for reminding me to have them play one game for 5 to 10 minutes and then move to the next instruction.

Dollar store is a good idea!
Also remember about party favorites in any wal-mart
You can get bunch of goods for little price.

But first, please, get some construction paper to make music money as 'flags' or 'butterflies'.

They have to earn them during the lessons or... loose them sometimes (life is tough :P )

At the end of each lesson they have to count them and return them back to you or exchange them for a small reward.

Do not give them 'money' to take home! Otherwise your wife will be having another 'job': cut flags or butterflies from construction paper! :lol:

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds