fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Teachers Training Experience

More parental involvement

More
22 Jan 2015 07:58 #17762 by sunnyone88
Any suggestions for having parents more involved with their beginner student? I thought you had written a piece about this Hellene, but can't find it.

sunnyone88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2015 15:24 #17766 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic More parental involvement

Sunny, I won't look for my articles (I know, I wrote some materials about this), but look at this pyramid. In fact, if you google 'learning pyramid' you will find plenty of pictures like that.

As you see on the picture: the more someone actually involved in any activity - the better results. We may say as many times we want about importance of practice, influence of the piano lessons on brain activity. We may demonstrate as much as we want how THEIR child is doing in class, but it won't work until parents will sit down and
1. write a review
2. sit down and learn this song with the child
3. video and post the work of the child or own work on You Tube
4. participate in learning process in WRITING AND POSTING
5. share their achievement with others
6. teach others how to learn

This is why many years ago we were trying to create a community with you (it didn't fly then...)

This is why we have 'Butterfly Balls' and the Academy with recitals today.

People love to be on cooking forums, sharing some recipes. Why? Because all of them involved in cooking and have some different ways to share.

In music education should be the same. Here, in the forum we are changing this for the better day by day. We have entire families, who learn together and perform! It is FUN!

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: алла, Аким

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds