fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

Progress Diaries for Amelia, 8 and Elliot, 5, USA

More
29 Oct 2012 01:08 #6499 by msadrienne
Hello from Lexington, Kentucky, USA! I've been sharing my SM training and teaching experience over in the other section, but thought it would be better-organized of me to document my own children's progress here. :)

Amelia has been really getting into a practice habit lately. Yesterday, I took pictures of her little journal where she writes her scores and times:

She writes "B" instead of "P" for both hands. Tonight, she had filled both of those pages with additional scores. She also decided that when she plays the music on the piano without the score it should be called level 7. ;)

Here is a video of one of her earlier attempts at Cat Boogie right hand only:

Sorry about the clutter in the background! My teaching studio is always a mess after a week of lessons. I have the piano cleared off about one day a week.

I didn't get any screen shots this time, but will soon. Hoping to also find a time to record my son, Elliot, playing HCB hands together. He worked hard on it this weekend (and loves earning that music money). :)

Looking forward to seeing your posts! This is such a nice online community.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2012 15:11 #6507 by msadrienne
Big day for Elliot! He played HCB twice hands together, and I managed to record it -- only two sneezes and a little talking. ;) Maybe next time he will want to sing, but not today. It's okay. All his energy was on playing with "grown-up" fingerings. I was amazed... had been showing him this, but today I didn't say anything to him and he did it all on his own. :woohoo:

Scores today for HCB:

P 1 34 131
P 1 33 88

French Song:

R 1 26 103

He also played Note Alphabet for about 4 minutes (first time he's played it). Here is the screen shot:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sv81, the Moon

More
30 Oct 2012 03:12 #6522 by hellene
He is sooo sweet! :)

Adorable!

Right now his coordination just getting built. When the time will be almost the same as amount of notes played, we'll tell him that if Mr. Woops getting out, it means, that he has to hold the key 'till the flower will be completely opened and replaced with butterfly.
Otherwise, our little dwarf is disturbed and we waking him up :)

I am amazed that he uses the right fingers in both hands and has plenty of patience to finish the piece!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: msadrienne, andreasro

More
30 Oct 2012 03:16 #6523 by hellene
PS
I think, it would be great for Elliot to start learning Note Alphabet by using cards and our Note Alphabet Song - Chant first. Please, look at our START NOW page to be able to download them: www.softmozart.com/teaching/how-to-get-s...it-for-yourself.html
There are also some videos how I do it with 3-year-old student.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: msadrienne

More
30 Oct 2012 03:22 #6524 by hellene

msadrienne wrote: Hello from Lexington, Kentucky, USA! I've been sharing my SM training and teaching experience over in the other section, but thought it would be better-organized of me to document my own children's progress here. :)

Amelia has been really getting into a practice habit lately. Yesterday, I took pictures of her little journal where she writes her scores and times:

Wow, she is so great! Please, tell her that Mrs Hellene is very proud of her work!

She writes "B" instead of "P" for both hands.

Make sense :lol:

Tonight, she had filled both of those pages with additional scores. She also decided that when she plays the music on the piano without the score it should be called level 7. ;)

I partially agree. 7 - with metronome. 8 - polishing :P www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...html?limit=6&start=6

Here is a video of one of her earlier attempts at Cat Boogie right hand only:

Sorry about the clutter in the background! My teaching studio is always a mess after a week of lessons. I have the piano cleared off about one day a week.

I didn't get any screen shots this time, but will soon. Hoping to also find a time to record my son, Elliot, playing HCB hands together. He worked hard on it this weekend (and loves earning that music money). :)

Looking forward to seeing your posts! This is such a nice online community.

Thank you, Adrienne! We are so happy to have you here!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: msadrienne

More
31 Oct 2012 01:05 #6542 by msadrienne
Well, this certainly is fast progress! So nice not to have to ask Amelia to play more than once. She does it on her own -- those numbers at the bottom of the screen are very motivating to her. :)

I hope I don't post too many videos. :whistle: Here is "Cat Boogie" played hands together.

Her scores for the evening were:

P 1 94 73"
P 1 95 65"
P 1 94 70"
P 1 98 64"
P 1 91 53"
*P 1 98 48"*
P 1 90 54"
P 1 95 46"

So.... Time for the metronome/drum rhythm yet?

Also, here's the question that she and all my students are asking: What is the significance of those little red and purple flowers on the left-hand side of the screen? I am sure it is somewhere on this site... I have read almost every single article and the book... but must have somehow missed this detail. :oops:

Also -- I moved the laptop down onto the keyboard so it would be easier for the kids to see. We just have to be careful not to accidentally bump the laptop and turn on the keyboard rhythms! I need to get some tall LRFs (little rubber feet -- technical term) to put under the laptop. ;)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds