fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

6, 3 years old, US

More
26 Oct 2012 02:36 #6461 by linzy
Replied by linzy on topic 6, 3 years old, US
Here is my son playing the French Song on Day 14 of lessons. He has started insisting that he play the right hand of the song he is learning 4 times, the left hand 4 times and then the pair 4 times. Today he started playing French Song on level 3. He also reviews hot cross buns 2-4 times on level 6 (which is his preference as he is very comfortable with it now)

Thanks for making this so fun for us!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2012 01:58 - 30 Oct 2012 02:02 #6515 by linzy
He has started getting more comfortable with the chromatic scale. Here he is on day 16 of lessons:

When do you recommend starting to use both hands for that excercise?

His scores for today were:

Guess the Key 710 in 20 min

Hot Cross Buns level 6, Pair: 36/37 t21, 37/37 t 21
French song level 3, Pair: 48/48 t18, 46/48 t16
Jingle Bells level 1, Pair: 75/77 t60, 74/77 t59
Last edit: 30 Oct 2012 02:02 by linzy.

More
30 Oct 2012 02:30 #6516 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic 6, 3 years old, US
linzy, the progress of your son is very impressive!

linzy wrote: He has started getting more comfortable with the chromatic scale. Here he is on day 16 of lessons:

When do you recommend starting to use both hands for that excercise?

Now! Ask him to play the same with the left hand and after that usinf both hands. It is not so hard, if to look at the key stickers. The letters should be the same

His scores for today were:

Guess the Key 710 in 20 min

He has a lot of patience! Score is absolutely great! However, please, keep in mind that our 'games' are not games. They are very tpugh tool for ear/concentration training. I recommend to play 1 game a month for 3-5 minutes at the first year. Stop a game, when time is expired by pressing F1 (help file) and write the score down. Every time he'll play it, he will go different 'route', because the software algorithms wil react on every move and keeping him on the same level or skipping levels accordingly. The ultimate goal for each game is to get the most coins in a shortest time frame.

Hot Cross Buns level 6, Pair: 36/37 t21, 37/37 t 21

He is playing on 6th presentation already??? Great job!
Please, let me suggest again: it seems like you have a very smart boy with great coordination and fine motor skills!

He is ready to start reading music. Let's do this: for his coordination development start learning Musette (Fav. Classics 1) and Rock Group (Boogie) on R, L and P 3.

Hot Cross Buns he can start playing on RH, LH, PH (hiding the notes - memorizing)

Sight-reading: Nursery Primer ALL the pieces R2, L2, P2; R4, L4, P4, R5, L5, P5, R6, L6,P6

We don't want him to memorize a piece and then to play it on more advanced mode.

For that we have a golden rule: to play challenging for coordination pieces with pictures/letters for muscle freedom and to play easier pieces without pictures/letters

French song level 3, Pair: 48/48 t18, 46/48 t16
Jingle Bells level 1, Pair: 75/77 t60, 74/77 t59

Wonderful scores! Time to start memorizing the pieces. BTW, did you learn, how to cut the sections of the songs? It will be much easier to learn them by smaller segments!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
17 Nov 2012 23:03 - 17 Nov 2012 23:10 #6861 by linzy
Here is a video of my son playing piano today on day 23 of lessons.

The first video is the chromatic scale:

The second is Musette:

And here are some scores from today:
Note Alphabet School, 5 minutes: 343

Guess the Key, 5 minutes: 223

French Song, level 3, pair: 48/48 t 12
level 4, pair: 45/48 t25

Jingle Bells, level 3, pair: 76/77 t 29
level 4, pair: 72/77 t 71

Musette, level 3, pair: 67/70 t 28
70/70 t 20

For practice sight reading we did Jack and Jill, level 3, Right: 21/26 t 63
Left: 9/11 t35

And then we started Rock Group from Boogie 1. The scores are from the first time through. We then watched the teaching vido which we found immensely helpful and he played again with much more confidence with the hand placement.

Level 1, right: 24/24 t45
Level 1, left: 39, 45 t71
Last edit: 17 Nov 2012 23:10 by linzy. Reason: typing error

More
18 Nov 2012 16:10 #6872 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic 6, 3 years old, US
I am very impressed with your progress! To play chromatic scale using two hands is not easy, but extremely powerful for brain development. As you noticed, there are some places with completely opposite fingering. Such places is an excellent tool for developing more pathways between right and left hemispheres through corpus callosum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_callosum

Next step in our learning will be (later - not now) playing the exercise with metronome.

Yes, please, use the TEACHING VIDEOS for songs' polishing.

Thank you very much for the videos! They are very inspirational.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: linzy

More
05 Dec 2012 07:18 #7104 by linzy
Hellene, I just wanted to run over what we've been doing each day in our lessons along with some recent scores to see if we've been incorporating the elements in the order you'd recommend.

For my 3 year old (a very impatient wiggly little boy):
3 min Guess the key: 38
Do-So right hand 2-4x while singing
Do-So left hand 2-4x while singing
Do-Do and back (me playing) while he sings
We then work on hot cross buns 2-4x
He is currently doing Level 1P 35/37 time 79

For my 6 year old:
5 minutes Guess the key: 223
Then either 5 minutes of
Fruit line school: 219 OR
Note Alphabet school: 373
He then practices Hannon stretching excercises with both hands up and down and the chromatic scale with both hands up and down
Next, we move on to gentle piano:
(One question I have is when to drop a song from our practice and should we occassionally go back to it to review?)
Currently we are doing:
French Song Level 3P: 48/48 time 13
4P: 48/48 t10
Jingle Bells Level 3P:76/77 t24
4P:76/77 t31
Musette Level Level 3P: 70/70 t21
4P: 68/70 t26
Rock group boogie Level 3P: 68/69 t45
69/69 t53
Then we practice a new nursey song each day to sight read, most recently Mary had a little lamb. Level 4R: 46/53 68; Level 4L: 9/10 t17; Level 4P 54/63 102.
Also, today and yesterday he is practcing Jolly Old St Nicholas becasue he wants to be able to play more christmas songs. Last score Level 1P 65/67 t51.

Are we doing too much? Not enough? Should we be doing fewer songs with more repetitions and dropping ones he knows well even though he hasn't yet memorized them, or should we keep practicing a variety of songs with just a few reps of each during the lesson? We've gone through the kingdom of tune book a few times, but aren't doing much with the flash cards as the boys dont' really like flash cards, however they seem to be picking up the note names and locations through the games and sight reading practice.

I just wanted to give you an update and ask for any feedback or suggestions you may have. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds