fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

Nikko 6 Years Old

More
28 Sep 2012 13:28 #5910 by trey
Replied by trey on topic Nikko 6 Years Old
09/26/2012 Lesson

Note Alphabet
273 -- 4:55

We started Jack & Jill from the Nursery 1 Book today. I let him work on his own and he was very reluctant, but finally agreed to try and did well.

Jack and Jill
He was stopping and restarting the piece every time he made a mistake. I asked him to continue to the end no matter what happened and after 4 times he caught-on and was very pleased with himself.
1 - P - 31/31 - 38

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 13:34 #5911 by trey
09/27/2012 Lesson

He asked to start another new piece and selected This Old Man from the Nursery Book 1

I let him work on his own again and he had fun. We did right hand only -- he was voluntarily singing as he was playing and had a good time. He played the piece about 6 times and told me he decided to "put my finger number 4 here so I can play the La with my number 5 finger". :cheer: Thanks Hellene, you're the best!

1 - R - 60/60 - 59

More
28 Sep 2012 13:34 #5912 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Nikko 6 Years Old

trey wrote: 09/26/2012 Lesson

Note Alphabet
273 -- 4:55

We started Jack & Jill from the Nursery 1 Book today. I let him work on his own and he was very reluctant, but finally agreed to try and did well.

Jack and Jill
He was stopping and restarting the piece every time he made a mistake. I asked him to continue to the end no matter what happened and after 4 times he caught-on and was very pleased with himself.
1 - P - 31/31 - 38

It looks like Nikko is perfectionist! :) But how we will be able to 'pay' him, if he won't make any mistakes? ;)

I usually tell them a story about 'Mr Woops' (a little dwarf from our program). Mr Woops likes when kids making mistakes, because if they don't, they have nothing to learn! It makes him very happy, if you make more mistakes for the first try and less for the second!

Back to the Mozart

More
11 Oct 2012 12:30 #6108 by trey
10/09/2012
We worked on the Hannon HT for about 5 minutes -- this was his first attempt at HT and was quite slow, but I think he will pick it up quickly.

Chromatic scale HS is coming along -- RH is good, but LH still some confusion about when to use the second finger -- he always knows when he makes a mistake and corrects it, but is still making the same mistakes. More practice!

Solfege -- Nikko is now working on Fa to Fa forward and backward.

Hellene suggested Boogie Board Boogie so we started the piece in sections.

Nikko worked on this by himself for about 15 minutes.
1 - P - 27/28 (cut) 39

This is all the time we had today -- too much homework!

More
11 Oct 2012 12:34 #6109 by trey
10/10/2012

Hannon HT is much better today as is the Chromatic Scale

Slefege -- still working on Fa to Fa and back.

Boogie Board Boogie -- coming along nicely -- the hand position changes slow him down quite a bit, but is getting better.

1 - P - 56/56 - 77

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds