fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

Kristos 4 Years Old

More
18 Sep 2012 22:19 #5694 by trey
Kristos 4 Years Old was created by trey
We did the Note Alphabet Game for 10 minutes. I forgot to get the score before closing, but will be sure to get that next time.

He was able to memorize the solfege flash cards in order (Do Re Mi)after about 10 minutes.

Hot Cross Buns
1 -- right hand (I) 24/26 47
3 -- right hand (I) 24/26 70

I'm still looking for the audio materials mentioned in the first year lesson plan.
4. Audio materials. Alphabet Song – Chant MP3
4.1 First track
4.2 Second track
4.3 Third track
4.4 Forth track
4.5 Fifth track
4.6 Sixth track
4.7 Seventh track
4.8 Eight track

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2012 05:34 #5701 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Kristos 4 Years Old
Ten minutes is excellent stamina for a beginner aged 4! :cheer:
The music album is available in the store for purchase. It is optional but quite useful, particularly for learning note order and learning what each of the notes sounds like. Whether you need it will depend on what other music bits and pieces you have available. You may just want it though :)
He had great concentration levels. The 47 on hot cross buns is wonderful for a beginner at that age. Some of our kids ran out on the clock as they left the room for a snack! :P Keep up the great work.

More
19 Sep 2012 20:57 #5723 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Kristos 4 Years Old
Dear Trey,
Thank you for starting your teaching diary here! I am sure that you experience in adapting Soft Mozart as a tool will be very helpful for other piano teachers, who is going to follow your footsteps.

trey wrote: We did the Note Alphabet Game for 10 minutes. I forgot to get the score before closing, but will be sure to get that next time.

All of our games are based on very advanced mathematical algorithm that is way too intense for the beginners. Therefore, I usually recommend to start with cards and first track of the song with very beginners. You may download the materials in our TRY NOW page: www.softmozart.com/teaching/how-to-get-s...it-for-yourself.html

But if your 4-year-old student kept playing Note Alphabet for 10 minutes of the game time, he has great patience and good concentration skills. Anyway, I would recommend to reduce the time for him to 5 minutes, stop the game, when the time is expired and write the score in the chest down. Let your student know that his goal is to make more points in 5 minutes and keep the track of his success. Every time his rout will be different (upon his performance) and he will enjoy watching his progress in precise number.

He was able to memorize the solfege flash cards in order (Do Re Mi)after about 10 minutes.

Forward and backwards?
Can he place the cards in ascended and descended order and guess card that is being flipped around?
Did you ask him to count the name of the card by saying the pattern up and down (for instance, 'La' by counting backwards from Do - Do Ti La?)

Hot Cross Buns
1 -- right hand (I) 24/26 47
3 -- right hand (I) 24/26 70

Trey, please, stick with the 1st presentation for now. The number on the right hand (time) is way too great. It means that the coordination of the right hand is on the stage of development. As classically trained musician I also tried to move my students from 1st to horizontal 3rd, because it is the way that we used to have. Now I try to keep my students on 1 and 2 for as long as they need for understanding straight visual connection between the notes and piano keys. It is a fundamental skill that will pay big in the future.

By looking at the numbers above I can see that the boy feel more comfortable playing on 1. Let him develop coordination (a see - a react and drop the time - time suppose to be less then amount of notes played) After that we'll add the challenges.

I'm still looking for the audio materials mentioned in the first year lesson plan.
4. Audio materials. Alphabet Song – Chant MP3
4.1 First track
4.2 Second track
4.3 Third track
4.4 Forth track
4.5 Fifth track
4.6 Sixth track
4.7 Seventh track
4.8 Eight track

This is where you can find it in our store: www.pianolearningsoftware.com/Music-Alph...nloadable-_p_27.html
Make sure to save the file. You will need it for many years ahead!

Back to the Mozart

More
20 Sep 2012 12:40 #5740 by trey
Replied by trey on topic Kristos 4 Years Old
Hellene, thanks for your comments -- we will put into practice.

We started with the flash cards; working on memorizing them backward from Do.

Note Alphabet
240 -- 10:35
He really likes this one because of the animal pictures so he is able to stay focused. We will reduce the time to 5 minutes today as recommended and try to increase the score.

Fruit Lines
44 -- 5:22

Hot Cross Buns
1 -- RH (I) 25/26 -- 59
3 -- RH (I) 26/26 -- 40 -- We will stay with 1 and 2 for now as recommended.

More
20 Sep 2012 21:19 #5759 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Kristos 4 Years Old

trey wrote: Hellene, thanks for your comments -- we will put into practice.

We started with the flash cards; working on memorizing them backward from Do.

For some reason, backwards is a challenge for our students!

Note Alphabet
240 -- 10:35
He really likes this one because of the animal pictures so he is able to stay focused. We will reduce the time to 5 minutes today as recommended and try to increase the score.

If he likes it, keep him on 10 minutes. Please, write the increase in points. It will be easy for me to grasp the progress faster.

Fruit Lines
44 -- 5:22

Well, this game is better to learn ext month, but if you started, and have some points - great!!! :woohoo:

Hot Cross Buns
1 -- RH (I) 25/26 -- 59
3 -- RH (I) 26/26 -- 40 -- We will stay with 1 and 2 for now as recommended.

It is pretty amazing how the score is getting better on 3. It looks like this kid is having an excellent speech or/and muscle memory... We will have to put it in use soon!

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Sep 2012 12:53 #5787 by trey
Replied by trey on topic Kristos 4 Years Old
We spent most of our flash card time on reverse order and after about 10 minutes he had it. We also spent a little time "filling in the blanks" where cards were removed, and scrambling them up and asking him to put them back in order.

Fruit Lines
70 -- 5:18 (last time was 44 -- 5:22)

Note Alphabet
126 -- 5:00 (last time was 240 -- 10:30)

HCB
1 RH (I) -- 26/26 -- 36 (last time was 24/26 -- 47)
2 RH (I) -- 26/26 -- 30 (first time with 2)

He played HCB 2 times on 1 -- RH to get to this score, and 4 times on 2.
He is singing while playing and is playing with correct fingering most of the time; however, he likes using 2,3,4 on C,D,E rather than 1,2,3. This doesn't seem like an issue to me, but please let me know what you think. I have had students come to me unable to use any other finger than 1 on C when they were trained with positional methods and I want to make sure that doesn't happen.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds