fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries, Личные Дневники, Informes de Progreso

Matthew 4 years old - Gambia

More
25 Jun 2013 00:05 #11185 by bella
I know we reached the deadline for participating in this year recital but I really wanted to share with you about Matthew who till now refused all direct piano lessons from me so his exposure to piano was through his sister Tina practicing and him independently playing with SoftMozart , he is a living proof that piano learning with Soft Mozart is contagious and how softmozart helps develop a child manual and cognitive abilities .
I was a bit concerned about matti's fine manual abilities .
I was even told maybe he has low muscle tone in his hands and in need of proper evaluation ,
since Tina started learning , and i say Tina because he refused any lesson from me , he just watch Tina than he says my turn now.

I complained to Hellene that he was so confused between left and right , he wanted to play both left and right with his left hand , he couldn't use his right hand and was so uncoordinated , i thought it will be impossible to teach him with soft mozart . Hellene encouraged me to just let him play any way he likes , and i did.
well only now he just played happy cowboy in both hands , ok finger play but still for me this means a lot.
and he insisted on me taking a video and send it to Hellene so she can see how he is doing. i didn't want to make it long so i tried to stop him and he refused insisting on playing the whole piece :lol:
Matti loves Soft Mozart games , he is playing them all the time , now his favorite is note duration , he plays it better than Tina . The great thing since he started playing piano his writing and drawing improved when before all he did was scribbling :)he is more focus , better concentration and attention span .
Here's Matti choosing to play boogie as his first piano piece :)

and hot Cross bun :

xxxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2013 21:57 - 24 Jul 2013 21:58 #11491 by andreasro
The way Matti is learning and playing piano is normal for any child, especially strong willed ones :P which includes about... ALL children at that age :lol:

Guide him, be a guide and do what you have been doing - play yourself and let him feel he wants to show you how HE can do it or how HE can play other songs. They usually play better than us and learn faster, you know? :lol: :kiss: to all of you there!

Andrea
Last edit: 24 Jul 2013 21:58 by andreasro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds