fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2023-2024 Progress Diaries/Дневники

Melissa Y - Lesson 2/3

More
23 Oct 2023 00:46 #49874 by Melissa Yeong
Hello Hellene

Hope you are well, I am back after a long while due to heavy work and other stuff.
I have tried out some other songs to complete the lesson 2 and upcoming lesson 3 songs. Please see below and I have indicated the score at the back of the name of the song.

Lesson 2
- Ode to Joy (S: 88/88)
- Santa Lucia (S: 121/121)
- Sonata Pathetique (S: 88/88)
- Symphony No 5. (S: 90/90)

Lesson 3
- Hey, Diddle Diddle (S: 57/57)
- Hickory, Dickory, Dock (S: 54/54)
- Lazy Mary (S: 124/124)

Thank you.
Melissa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2023 03:55 #49930 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Melissa Y - Lesson 2/3
Melissa, I had been also extremely busy and have a chance to view your work just now.
You are doing absolutely wonderful job on sight-reading. It is becoming more fluent and confident.
The fingering is right for the most of part. Way to go!
Now suggestions:
1. You give me just 2 numbers from 3. Please, record the number on the right (amount of missing seconds). I see from the video that the time is very "healthy" for your stage of development, but we have to see, how your eye-hand span is improving. So, it is better to keep track of that number.
2. With this score that you already have you may advance to the next level.

- Play on 6
- Memorize separate and than both hands by hiding notes (R- RH, L-LH, P-PH)
3. Play all the songs with TEACHING VIDEOS

Fav Classics 1 www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...rite-classics-1.html
Nursery 1 www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...nursery-level-1.html

Sample:

Back to the Mozart

More
29 Oct 2023 09:11 #49944 by Melissa Yeong
Hi Hellene

Thanks for replying even though you are busy. I look through your guidance. I done one song, is this what you are referring to?
Am providing you this Old man song.

I learnt from mode 5 first, then i started to memorise the song and then i go to mode 5 to hide the notes and learn to play. Once I am better, i moved on to without notes. I forgot to play mode 6 to give you the right hand side score. But give u the mode 5 scoring. Next time i give you the mode 6 scoring if you are asking for this.

Let me know if i am at the right direction.

- This old man, hide 91,92 (Right No :14)
- This old man, no notes

Thanks
Melissa

More
30 Oct 2023 09:54 - 30 Oct 2023 09:55 #49956 by hellene

Melissa Yeong wrote: Hi Hellene

Thanks for replying even though you are busy. I look through your guidance. I done one song, is this what you are referring to?

Yes, Soft Mozart technology is only one on the world that develops music memory from scratch. You have demonstrated how easy that is.

Am providing you this Old man song.

I learnt from mode 5 first, then i started to memorise the song and then i go to mode 5 to hide the notes and learn to play. Once I am better, i moved on to without notes. I forgot to play mode 6 to give you the right hand side score. But give u the mode 5 scoring. Next time i give you the mode 6 scoring if you are asking for this.

Keep practicing the piece! Now try to play melody starting from 4th (ring) finger:
4-2-4
4-2-4
5-4-3-2-1-2-3

Otherwise you use pinky twice.

Let me know if i am at the right direction.

Thanks
Melissa

Yes, absolutely.

After managing your fingering, please, practice to play the piece with this video with a metronome:

and with no metronome:

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 30 Oct 2023 09:55 by hellene.

More
31 Oct 2023 02:15 #49966 by Melissa Yeong
Hi Hellene

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I have done both videos as per your guidance. Please review and advise. If this is the way to proceed, I will do so in every piece I play.

- This old man w Metronome
- This old man

Thanks
Melissa

More
06 Nov 2023 01:25 #50090 by hellene
Melissa, yes, this is the way to go!
I already see improvement in your fingering, feeling of rhythm.
The more you will practice with the teaching videos, the better you will play.
In those videos you play non legato for the most part, because you are focused mostly on keeping the flow and using proper fingers. After practicing for awhile your playing will become more smooth.
Very impressive progress. Keep up your great work!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds