fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2016-2017

Savannah 5yr

More
07 Jul 2017 08:11 - 07 Jul 2017 08:12 #26560 by jevyjevjevs
Savannah 5yr was created by jevyjevjevs
Forth lesson today. We are doing:

Listening to Surprise Symphony regularly (she loves the loud surprise!!)
Gentle Piano - Surprise Symphony, both hands
Guess Key Game for 2 minutes, recording the score.

Some notes:
  • When I sing the notes when she forgets she yells at me to STOP! I think she's just embarrassed
  • It does seem overwhelming to play the notes AND sing them for now. I dunno
  • The guessing game is tough for her. She is really tense when she does it and looks at the keyboard everytime

Last edit: 07 Jul 2017 08:12 by jevyjevjevs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2017 16:43 - 07 Jul 2017 16:45 #26562 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Savannah 5yr

jevyjevjevs wrote: Forth lesson today. We are doing:

Listening to Surprise Symphony regularly (she loves the loud surprise!!)

Wonderful! Does she remember the name of the composer?

Gentle Piano - Surprise Symphony, both hands

I watched the video. She plays all the piece with right hand. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/right-hand-left-grand-staff-hellene-hinerDid you tell her that the right hand is green and left is brown?

We have nice bracelets. Let us know, if you need them for practicing.

Guess Key Game for 2 minutes, recording the score.

Do you compare the score with the previous one? It would be nice to teach her how to count how many points did she win or loose.

Some notes:

• When I sing the notes when she forgets she yells at me to STOP! I think she's just embarrassed

We are practicing the soft teaching, Please, https://pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/chapter-1-soft-teachingread the article about it by following this link

• It does seem overwhelming to play the notes AND sing them for now. I dunno

• If it seems like that, it IS overwhelming. Take a step back 'till she feels more comfortable.

• The guessing game is tough for her. She is really tense when she does it and looks at the keyboard everytime
  • [/ul]

You may consider using some tricks to help her to build eye to hand coordination. https://www.facebook.com/pg/SoftMozart/photos/?tab=album&album_id=442489482471031 Look at these pictures

Back to the Mozart
    Last edit: 07 Jul 2017 16:45 by hellene.

More
    22 Sep 2017 18:52 - 22 Sep 2017 18:53 #26953 by jevyjevjevs
    Replied by jevyjevjevs on topic Savannah 5yr
    We just set up the piano again this week. We haven't started her with the software yet. Even still, she put on some music and started jamming. Pretty fun to watch!

Not sure if the video shows up but it's here:
    Last edit: 22 Sep 2017 18:53 by jevyjevjevs.

More
    23 Sep 2017 15:36 #26964 by hellene
    It seems like you are very ready for your classes!

My suggestion is to find a higher chair for your daughter. Her elbows have to be above the piano keys. Do you have any seat like that?

Back to the Mozart

More
    13 Oct 2017 18:25 #27088 by jevyjevjevs
    Replied by jevyjevjevs on topic Savannah 5yr
    I'm really not sure the right approach of how to encourage her to play.
    • Sometimes I'll start playing a song myself on Softmozart and she'll come and look and maybe play one song then not want to do the other games/exercises.
    • Other times I ask if she wants to play the "Piano game" and "learn a new song" and she says "I'm too good now". lol

I see the curriculum and it looks engaging, but when I try to encourage her to do it, she doesn't.

How can I help her?

More
    14 Oct 2017 13:46 #27098 by hellene
    Thank you so much for asking these questions!
    Many parents are afraid to ask. They think that it is 'negative' .
    What happens, though, is perfectly natural.

jevyjevjevs wrote: I'm really not sure the right approach of how to encourage her to play.

• Sometimes I'll start playing a song myself on Softmozart and she'll come and look and maybe play one song then not want to do the other games/exercises.

Starting to do something yourself is perfect motivation!
    When she is excited, step out!
    Just let her do one song, one hand, couple of bars - whatever - the goal is not a song. The goal is to ignite her desire to play.
    Say how proud are you that she did it. Say what you like the MOST. Praise her concrete achievement. Was she attentive? Praise! Did she finish the piece? Praise!
    Record her score and praise.

Ask her, if she would like to do it again in case her score will become even better. Praise!

Don't initiate any new activity for her. Start plaing yourself. If she asks, tell her: 'Ok, but today just for 30 seconds! This is not an easy game!' Stop in 30 min by pressing F1 key

Write the score!

Next time you say: 'Hey, you made 30 (whatever amount she made!) points last time. Would you like to know, if we can beat that?

• Other times I ask if she wants to play the "Piano game" and "learn a new song" and she says "I'm too good now". lol
  • [/ul]

She sais that, because she doesn't know concrete numbers for her performence. If ou will focus her attention on how many correct notes she played and what is her time, she will see with her own eyes, if she can get better.

Always remember that you can cut a small segment of the piece. Mark 3-4 notes and let her make perfect score. Give her a little teste of perfectness!

Do you use 'music money'?
    Did you read about them?

I see the curriculum and it looks engaging, but when I try to encourage her to do it, she doesn't.

How can I help her?

She doesn't see the entire picture as you do.
    She is just a little girl.

We are now at the stage of learning how to focus on 1 project. I described tiny steps of doing it. Let me know, is it helpful. We will work together on that!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds