fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Excited to start

More
25 Apr 2013 20:04 #9992 by cheyeow
Excited to start was created by cheyeow
Hi my name is Esther.

I've just purchased a subscription for the software and waiting for it to ship. I will be using it to teach my 3 and half year old son and later when my one year old daughter is old enough, she can use it too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2013 21:23 #9993 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Excited to start
Welcome!
We are also very excited to have you with us!
Please, post or write here or to our team, if you need any help or assistance!
Before you'll receive you package, please, use the time wisely and download our free book 'You CAN be a musician' www.pianolearningsoftware.com/Book-You-C...wnloadable_p_36.html

It would be also useful to read this materials:
www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...rite-a-new-book.html

cheyeow wrote: Hi my name is Esther.

I've just purchased a subscription for the software and waiting for it to ship. I will be using it to teach my 3 and half year old son and later when my one year old daughter is old enough, she can use it too.

I am looking forward to helping you to teach your kids!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheyeow

More
27 Apr 2013 04:28 #10008 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic Excited to start
Welcome Ester,

We have a wonderful committee here that will advice on how to teach young children and adults music. My 5 year old has been using SM since year 2010 and my 3 year old son started using soft mozart this year.

Feel free to post any question if you need assistance.

Pei Lin

More
04 May 2013 08:40 #10103 by cheyeow
Replied by cheyeow on topic Excited to start
Hi Pei Lin,

Nice to meet you . Do you mind sharing your journey with your kids when you first started out especially when they are 3 ? What was their natural progression?

So far Munson is enjoying playing he right keys with his index fingers. Today I have shown him a couple of videos of kids playing ode to joy . Hopefully he will want to use his other fingers next time.

Regards,
Esther

More
06 May 2013 05:00 #10107 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic Excited to start
Esther,

Every child will progress at a different speed. The key to success is regular practice even though it is short period of time. I slowly increase their time length of practice as age progress. Here are some videos of Rachel's (5 year old) learning using soft mozart.

www.youtube.com/user/MsTTT8

This is her latest video that I made when she was 4 year old.

As for my son (William) 2 year 11 months, I started Soft mozart with him 5 months ago. He started playing Introductory songs just with his thumb. A month ago, I started teaching him to play with the right finger on hot cross bun and french song. And now he is able to play the whole song with separate hands using all the fingers now. At the same time, I teach him to play stretches. He still need my help in playing stretches but I see a lot of progress in him from playing the songs with just his thumb. We are looking forward with him coordinating left and right hand together on the songs. You can start teach Munson playing stretches. See video created by Ms Hellene on stretches.

www.softmozart.com/our-library/videos/9i...ercise-hanon-1-.html

Let me know if you have any question. I will be able to help since our kids are around the same age.

Pei Lin
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheyeow

More
19 May 2013 04:21 #10289 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Excited to start
Pei Lin,

I love Rachel's videos. She is such a delight to watch and my kids like watching her as well.

Cheyeow,

Yes, every child is different. But if you spend enough time in here and practice everyday just a few minutes with little ones, even though it doesn't look like they are making progress, they are. I am so glad to have you here. Toddlers are so much fun to work with.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds