fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi from Orlando, Florida

More
28 Mar 2013 01:53 #9045 by tmusni
Hello All,

I purchased Soft Mozart about 2 months ago to teach my piano students. I am currently teaching a 3 year old, 5 year old, and an adult with it. I find that the 5 year old and adult are learning very quickly. I send them home with sheet music (of Ode to Joy, Hot Cross Buns) that I created on Garage Band so they can practice at home.

I am finding that I need to come up with different ways to break down the material into smaller steps for the 3 year old. The 3 year old seems to lose patience quickly and randomly hits the notes even though she knows where door, rain, and mirror are. I imagine teaching her might be a little easier if I saw her more frequently than 30 minutes once a week.

I look forward to learning more about this software and what other teachers/parents are doing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2013 03:34 #9047 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi from Orlando, Florida
Hi, tmusni! Welcome!

tmusni wrote: Hello All,

I purchased Soft Mozart about 2 months ago to teach my piano students. I am currently teaching a 3 year old, 5 year old, and an adult with it. I find that the 5 year old and adult are learning very quickly. I send them home with sheet music (of Ode to Joy, Hot Cross Buns) that I created on Garage Band so they can practice at home.

I am unaware that with Garage Band you may create sheet music. Could you tell us more about it?

I am finding that I need to come up with different ways to break down the material into smaller steps for the 3 year old. The 3 year old seems to lose patience quickly and randomly hits the notes even though she knows where door, rain, and mirror are. I imagine teaching her might be a little easier if I saw her more frequently than 30 minutes once a week.

I would recommend you to read some materials from here: softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-b...rite-a-new-book.html
Also, in this section you may find some videos of lessons with 3-year-old kids: softmozart.com/our-library/videos/instructional.html
Another thought is to convince parents to get program and have it available 24/7

I look forward to learning more about this software and what other teachers/parents are doing.

I have Skype sessions Sundays and if you would like to, we can meet and I will be happy to share my experience with you.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: tmusni

More
28 Mar 2013 18:28 #9058 by tmusni
Replied by tmusni on topic Hi from Orlando, Florida
To create sheet music on GarageBand of Hot Cross Buns or other Soft Mozart music, create a new songwriting file (click on songwriting in GarageBand). From there, you can either play your piano keyboard and record what you play using MIDI (this is less time consuming if you are playing something with lots of notes) or you can input manually using your computer. Below, I am describing how to manually input the sheet music.

After creating a new songwriting file, click on the piano picture (so it records a piano track instead of drums, guitar, or voice) and click on the scissors icon at the bottom of the page. The scissors icon makes a piano roll appear on your monitor so as it records, you can click on the piano keys on the monitor for the music you want to record. To actually record, press the red record button and starting clicking on the piano keys on the monitor.

If your music is not perfect, it's not a problem. You can fix it later. Also, if you want to delete a drum track or any other music, click on drums and press delete.

To view the sheet music you have created so far, click on the word "score." (You may find it near the word Piano Roll and near the keyboard that you just played). If your music is not exactly as you want it, you can drag the notes to the proper place on the staff. You can also add more notes by highlighting one note and pasting it on the staff where you want. To paste a note, you need to make sure the red bar line is where you want the note to be.

To print your music, click on your sheet music staff to make sure the sheet music is highlighted. Go to File, Print, Preview. You can view it there and print. To save, go to File, Print, PDF, Save as PDF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
28 Mar 2013 18:39 #9059 by tmusni
These videos are great! Thank you!

More
29 Mar 2013 17:06 #9067 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi from Orlando, Florida
How interesting! Is it for Mac or PC also?
What is your version of the program?

Back to the Mozart

More
30 Mar 2013 03:32 #9073 by tmusni
GarageBand is for Mac computers. I believe it is on IPads also since IPad is an Apple product. There should be other similar sheet music writing software for PC, but I am not familiar with them.

I am using GarageBand '09 version 5.1. Also, I am still using the old version of Soft Mozart without having upgraded just yet.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds