fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Melody (4 year old) and Mom

• Mel02
  • Mel02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Feb 2013 23:45 #8430 by Mel02
Melody (4 year old) and Mom was created by Mel02
A bit anxious and uncertain. Wonder if there is any tips to keep one going and going on music.

Melody learned Do, Re, Mi...Do years back and was able to find all Dos in the keyboard after seeing something in website in last Summer. We saw SoftMoart in last November and Mom was really impressed by the image of the boy viewing the staffs vertically.

Mom learned a couple of years keyboard many years back and is learning Chinese zither now.

Want to get Melody interested in Music and be intrigued and enjoyed the beauty of the music and will be there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2013 09:06 #8439 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Melody (4 year old) and Mom

Mel02 wrote: A bit anxious and uncertain. Wonder if there is any tips to keep one going and going on music.

Melody learned Do, Re, Mi...Do years back and was able to find all Dos in the keyboard after seeing something in website in last Summer. We saw SoftMoart in last November and Mom was really impressed by the image of the boy viewing the staffs vertically.

Mom learned a couple of years keyboard many years back and is learning Chinese zither now.

Want to get Melody interested in Music and be intrigued and enjoyed the beauty of the music and will be there.

Yes! We have some tips!
1. Did you read the book 'You CAN be a musician'? We have it for free download in our store. In the book I described the logic behind the invention.
2. Here is another book in making. There you would find some tips also:
softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-b...rite-a-new-book.html

We also have many wonderful people here, who is ready to rescue any time! :)

I am available on Skype almost every Sunday.

I would have to give you the most important tip for you: calm down. Learning music is a life lasting journey. Soft Mozart would never leave you in the middle of a desert.

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Feb 2013 09:11 #8442 by andreasro

Mel02 wrote: A bit anxious and uncertain. Wonder if there is any tips to keep one going and going on music.

Hi Melody and Mom! :) A warm welcome to you both!

My boys are interested in music not only because they like to hear the sounds (for the 1 year old) or, in the case of the oldest (4 years and 7 months), it's their passion and joy of making music. It's also because through Soft Mozart learning is so fun! We are all having fun!

The oldest boy is learning according to his own pace and guided by the Academy credits for each month and by the teacher's advice. Sometimes the teacher is Hellene Hiner, sometimes is another great teacher on the forum, or even a parent with a great idea or insight.

To keep the interest of a young learner you can use "music money" as Hellene Hiner does and suggests or you can give something else as reward, depending on the child and on the parenting ideas you're applying. You adapt your guidance and teaching according to the individual, to your precious child.

I understand you will have Soft Mozart software soon?

You have a lot of ideas and resources here on the forum. Moms and teachers alike have answered a lot of questions and are answering along the way.

When you have the software try Guess Key game for the little one.
Or Gentle Piano, Introductory Songs Album, Hot Cross Buns. Play the sons by singing solfege in the same time.
Play the "games" and songs yourself. You are a model to your child. Your joy and enthusiasm is viral! :lol:

Keep us in touch with your questions, ideas, successes! Take a picture, record a video of your daugther or both of you playing (just the hands, if you like) so the teachers here can guide you according to your needs.

We're all here to help each other. Learning to play piano is fun, enjoyable and so rewarding! My son has amazed me from the very start.

Andrea, a mom

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds