fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from upstate New York

More
19 Feb 2013 04:13 #8410 by Lana
Hello,
My name is Svetlana Selezneva. I've just joined this forum. I started using Soft Mozart in November last year when I purchased a 6 months license. So I have been very happy with it. I am not a musician, but have always wanted to learn how to play piano. I also have a daughter who is 4 years 6 months old and I think I've found an absolutely unique way to teach her piano at home with this software. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2013 04:50 #8411 by Mrs.Post
Welcome. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying the software. Most of us are just a bunch of moms in the same position you are. No training just trying to find the best way to do this for your families. We'd love to hear about your progress.

More
19 Feb 2013 11:37 - 19 Feb 2013 11:39 #8413 by andreasro
Welcome Svetlana! :)

I'm a mom too. And I'm learning along my children. My 4 and a half year old has given me a lot of reasons to be thrilled by having Soft Mozart at home. It's an opportunity for them. One they have anytime when they are in the house.

If you share your progress here, maybe if you can also take a picture or record of video with the hands playing on the piano/keyboard our teachers can guide you all the way. And you will both improve according to your abilities and at your own pace.

You can also take advantage of the free Skype sessions Hellene Hiner, the inventor, is having at the end of each week to meet her and ask her questions or get real time advice.

Andrea Sandu
Last edit: 19 Feb 2013 11:39 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lana

More
19 Feb 2013 13:42 #8414 by Mandabplus3
Welcome, welcome welcome!
Glad to have you here on the forum.
I have myself and 3 children learning with softmozart. My youngest is 5. They love learning this way and are known to fight over the piano to practice! Unique way to learn yes!
Please share your successes and questions. There are lots of people he willing to give advice. Many of us are just like you, on the learning journey.

More
20 Feb 2013 01:41 #8420 by Lana
Replied by Lana on topic Hello from upstate New York
Thank you so much for your warm welcome! It is a good feeling to know that you are not alone. I am also happy to see moms like me here. I hope we can share our experiences and provide support to each other.

A brief update on our progress so far:
When I installed the software I was surprised how easy and straightforward it was to use. I am using Windows version and I bought 76 key Casio keyboard that connects to the computer through USB- was very easy to set-up. For my daughter I put the keyboard on low table so that she can seat comfortably and the monitor is in front of her on the desk. We started with "Hot Cross Buns". She played right hand first. Then we played together: she played with her right hand and I played chords with my left hand. That was like a fun game to her.

After we got comfortable with the software we also started learning "New Year Tree". It is a little more difficult: Right hand has to cover more than an octave. I did not know how the fingers should be placed, but yesterday I found a video in this forum that teaches it. Also, I saw that Hellen advised not to worry to much about correct finger placement in the beginning. I do not force my daughter to use all her fingers: sometimes she does it, sometimes just plays with one finger. Later I will post a video or at least a picture of her playing and would like to know the comments. I would also appreciate other people sharing their experiences/suggestions on when should a child start playing with all fingers and how to do it right.

My daughter is also enjoying "Guess key" game and I tried "Note duration" game. Found it very instructive for people like me who know little about music.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds