fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Introduction

More
13 Nov 2012 20:13 #6794 by rbennett
Introduction was created by rbennett
Hello Soft Mozart Community,

My name is Rhonda Bennett and I live in northeastern Colorado with my husband and two dogs. We have three grown children and four grandchildren.

I have been a piano teacher, accompanist and composer for a little over 30 years. I discovered SM about a year ago but we had just been notified of a move from UT to CO so I did not become involved at that time. This year, however, I am ready to take action and am heading in that direction.

The greatest concern over my years of teaching has been the fall out of students who, in some cases, came into my studio with enthusiasm or at least willingness but, before long, became disenchanted, frustrated and uninterested. Many times this was due to the seemingly burdensome task of learning to read or, for the naturally talented reader, the ability to learn to play by ear or do anything independent of the written page.

Hellene has created the best program I have ever seen for addressing these issues and I am incredibly excited to begin to set it into motion in my own studio. I am just starting to and would welcome tips and insights that others have to share.

I look forward to getting to know some of you. Best wishes to you all as you work with students and watch them blossom!
The following user(s) said Thank You: msadrienne, andreasro, Mrs.Post, the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2012 09:54 #6806 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Introduction
welcome! If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. We are happy to share our experiences...it appears you may just know more then us though :lol: so we also look forward to learning from you! :)

More
14 Nov 2012 22:33 #6809 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Introduction
Rhonda, welcome!
I am very happy to see you hear and believe that many students will benefit from you and many teachers will enjoy to know you better, as I do!

Back to the Mozart

More
15 Nov 2012 09:02 #6828 by Carmen
Replied by Carmen on topic Introduction
Hello to all,

My name is Carmen.

I was first introduced to the SM program through my daughter Naomi, in 1999. Naomi kept telling me about this wonderful person who developed a Piano program that was so easy that even children as young as 2 years old could learn how to play the Piano. When Hellene explained how her program worked, I was amazed and wanted to be a part of Hellene's program.

Soon afterward, I was going along with Naomi, teaching children how to play the Piano at the various Child Care facilities here in Houston, Texas.

However, due to personal circumstances, we were not able to continue with the SM program for some time.

Now that we're back, we've added a new member to Hellene's SM group which is my grand-daughter. Her name is Kaori. (pronounced Kay-oar-i)
We're very happy that Kaori's excited about wanting to learn how to play the Piano.

We feel privileged to be instructed by the best and that's Hellene! We look forward with great anticipation, the progress of Hellene's SM program.

I look forward to hearing how the SM program is working for others.

Carmen
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mrs.Post

More
15 Nov 2012 17:13 #6831 by rbennett
Replied by rbennett on topic Introduction
Welcome Carmen! I am somewhat new as you can see by my introduction below. I look forward to sharing experiences and hearing about yours as well!

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds