fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello From NH

More
13 Oct 2012 08:45 #6144 by cmontoni
Hello From NH was created by cmontoni
Hi
I am Carol and am hopeful to finally learn to play the piano. I took lessons when I was in elementary school but it was more my moms wish than mine at the time. I never learned to read notes. I memorized the pieces. Even played in a recital doing so. Now I am determined to learn to read music. This is not my first try since those younger days but the frustration at my learning pace and my work and life schedule beat me down every time. So here I go again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2012 09:09 #6151 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Hello From NH
Hi Carol, welcome to the forum.
If you can memorize pieces then you obviously have some skills to use in learning again! You will find using gentle piano that you will find time to practice because it is fun and stress free. I "learnt" an instrument as a teenager too. Sadly all I learnt was how to read music. Not how to enjoy it or hear it and produce it. Oh well, I have learnt much more about music in just 6 months of softmozart than I did in 3 years as a teenager.
Hope we hear all about your journey!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, cmontoni

More
13 Oct 2012 13:37 #6174 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello From NH
Welcome to the forum, Carol!

cmontoni wrote: Hi
I am Carol and am hopeful to finally learn to play the piano.

You definitely will!

I took lessons when I was in elementary school but it was more my moms wish than mine at the time.

This is common story :) I had the same. This is how Soft Mozart came to existence!

I never learned to read notes. I memorized the pieces. Even played in a recital doing so.

It sounds to me that you have good ear, coordination and muscle memory.

Now I am determined to learn to read music. This is not my first try since those younger days but the frustration at my learning pace and my work and life schedule beat me down every time. So here I go again.

Ok, we'll talk about it later, but remember the important rool about music reading with our program:

Divide pieces that you learn for reading and pieces that you sight-read. If you are getting ready to the recitals, you may use 3rd presentation, but pieces should be challenging for coordination

If you want to sight-read, choose easy Albums and read all the pieces one after another on 2, 4, 5 and 6. NEVER LISTEN TO THEM BEFORE PLAYING. Your ear will catch the tune. Try them 'dry' and after that listen

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds