fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi I compose & write books-SoftMozart is beautiful

More
02 Mar 2012 19:12 #2312 by Teo4
Hi and thanks for this wonderful forum on this wonderful site!

Hellene at LinkedIn shared this great resource, thanks Hellene.

Looking forward to some great Mozartian music, soft of course.. :P
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2012 21:27 #2317 by hellene

Teo4 wrote: Hi and thanks for this wonderful forum on this wonderful site!

Hellene at LinkedIn shared this great resource, thanks Hellene.

Looking forward to some great Mozartian music, soft of course.. :P

Hi, Teo! Thank you very much for sharing.
Could you tell more about you, your compositions and books?
Welcome again to our forum and Karma to you for the sheet music of Mozart!

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Mar 2012 21:58 #2322 by Teo4
Hi Hellene,
I'll try to be brief, but I'm known for writing massive epics in discussions.. :woohoo:
I'm from California where I had really good piano teachers, and have been composing since 7. Early songs are "World Music." Some early songs are really bizarre, the rhythms and keys really nutty. I played in Soul Music bands, back when we all loved Michael Jackson. Back when Soul Music was something I was so proud of!
My compositions often had "Latin" rhythms in them, but then I had the great fortune to have a girlfriend who taught me everything about Latin music, from Flamenco which she is a great singer of to Afro-Cuban popular music and even the sacred songs of the Yoruba people in Nigeria which has been a huge influence on music of the New World: Brazil, Caribbean, Latin America - properly Spanish America.
I wrote and continue to write my own fusion of Latin rhythms on Soul music, I call it Soulsa (Soul + Salsa, get it?). While in the SF Bay Area I ventured into a Brazilian band, a few High-Life Nigerian bands, some Reggae bands and finally a French Caribbean band, fun!
Now my "Latin" influence is, believe it or not, Latin! I've rearranged Ave Maria - with the Latin! OK most is just forte, dolcissimo, tempo marcato.. but I seem to have a huge appetite and play Liebestraum, about a dozen Chopins, started on even the 3rd movement of Quasi Una Fantasia - you know which I mean. Currently I'm getting the 2nd movement of Schubert's unfinished learned, but really I'm just reading a lot, constantly, to get the sight-reading .. back? I don't know. I used to read both hands and reinterpret it when I was 8, now I can only barely go one hand at a time, so I keep putting new material in front of me, working it out, but as soon as I remember too much - on to the next piece.
I learned (would take only a refresher to get it back) a Nocturne by Clara Schumann, and recently a Romance of hers. St. George, aka the Black Mozart but properly Joseph Boulogne wrote some beautiful music, I do a song of his and special ordered a beautiful opera Ernestine of his that I work on. You'll see I've redone Liszt's opus 1 for trio, as well as 9 other pieces, but all of this learning is for this purpose:
The nutty songs I've written, many with strange tempos somewhere between 4/4 and 6/8, need to be scored! I have learned so much from Liszt's shifting gypsy percussion parts to keyboard, you see? In his Rhapsody - yes I'm trying to learn that, #2, he takes the Cimarron part and puts it into piano runs. Well I've converted Afro-Caribbean Rumba parts into rhythm section phrases, and it helps me to see how other composers rewrote one thing as another.
Now I've finished 3 books of my own compositions, one with classical scores redone, and one massive workbook that includes all of the above! Well not the nutty songs.
I've decided the workbook should be completely free, for education. A free resource for whomever I can share it with. Some pieces like Andalucia by Lecuona, Casta Diva by Bellini, clips from Romeo & Juliet by Tchaikovsly and Song to the Moon by Dvorak I just think everyone should be able to enjoy! Ave Maria, Lascio Panga, a Vivaldi opera I've all sort of "dummed down," though that's not a fair thing to say.
If I knew a way to share these songs better, I would, or I'll say, I will. Thank goodness for LinkedIn, and I have just today found a handful of places for me to share my scores.
Whew I'm sorry for the overload! There is actually so much more to tell though.. that's more than enough for now though. Browse the scores, also MIDI files and even .mus finale files at givnology.ca I wan't sure if it's OK to link to sites so I didn't put a link there yet, but since you asked.. :lol:

SoftMozart is so beautiful, Constanza would approve ;)
-Teo
ps an early multimedia that I designed is here:
webpageexperience.com/mid/Play-MidiClassical.htm

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds