fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi from Singapore

More
21 Jun 2014 15:12 #15394 by juliva
Hi from Singapore was created by juliva
Hi, i just received the software this month.
I have a 5 years old son and 16 months baby.
Currently only me and my first son using the software. Is it too early for my 16 months old baby to learn?

My son can play hot cross bun and now he is learning the jingle bell song.
I printed the one year lesson plan from the cd and feel a bit overwhelmed.
Some of his friends take private piano lesson and they are showing a great progress after 6 months.
Should I borrow their theory book to supplement?
Or can I just let my son play with the soft mozart games and learn new song after another?

Do you have a list what song should we learn after each song so we can learn one step at a time?
1. Hot cross bun
2. Jingle bells

Thank you.

Regards,
Juliva

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2014 17:08 #15395 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi from Singapore
Hello, Juliva!
This is great that you wrote this questions in the forum: Soft Mozart is rich in content and the best way to learn is by asking your own questions and get interaction here.

juliva wrote: Hi, i just received the software this month.
I have a 5 years old son and 16 months baby.
Currently only me and my first son using the software. Is it too early for my 16 months old baby to learn?

Yes! I have some teaching strategy, articles and tips to start as young as you 16 months old baby. Through the interaction in the forum I will be able to guide you in teaching your baby music and piano

My son can play hot cross bun and now he is learning the jingle bell song.

There are some stages in learning these piano pieces. Playing with R, L and P, hiding the notes - RH, LH, PH

After that practicing the songs with TEACHING VIDEOS softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos/...roductory-songs.html . He should learn to play alone with the video. But before he will get to this stage I should see his video to make sure that everything is fine with his hands, posture and fingering.

I printed the one year lesson plan from the cd and feel a bit overwhelmed.

The lesson plan is a sample and one size fits all project. I developed more flexible curriculum for different age groups. You may find it here:
softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html
You and your son can start from Prep C. There are segments - each per month. To have the most customized approach, please, start your Progress Diary here: softmozart.com/forum/64-progress-diaries---2013-2014.html
The more information you will give me, the more interactive your learning experience will be.

Some of his friends take private piano lesson and they are showing a great progress after 6 months.

We developed and patented the Elementary and Visual music notation. You and your son learning the notes by pressing the piano keys directly. Ability to be involved in the learning process and to learn by DOING is the most effective. If the friends of your son going to piano lessons and hear what note and where from their teacher without seeing the map and ability to touch the notation, they will progress using their inborn talent as far as their talent will bring them. Teacher in such case works as a 'translator' between music notation and student. With Soft Mozart you see what you play right and wrong and how to fix it. Teacher is here to guide you and lead you.

Should I borrow their theory book to supplement?

No need for it. You will learn theory through your practice. If you are going to have any exams in the future, please, let me know and I will point for you the theory concepts that you already learned by DOING.

Or can I just let my son play with the soft mozart games and learn new song after another?

Do you have a list what song should we learn after each song so we can learn one step at a time?
1. Hot cross bun
2. Jingle bells

Thank you.

Regards,
Juliva

No! There is a structure in our curriculum. You will see all the elements of it in the Lesson Plan. Please, choose the first segment and start your Progress Diary. This is the best, most effective and structured way to use my curriculum.

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Jun 2014 15:56 #15401 by juliva
Replied by juliva on topic Hi from Singapore
Dear Hellene,

Thank you for your reply. Now I am more excited to learn piano using this program.
Today we just set up a corner for keyboard and old laptop dedicated for this learing and I feel so much motivated.
I told my son that I am going to post his video of playing the hot cross bun and he is super excited.
Before this he is a bit reluctant to learn :cheer: and prefer to play with his toys :cheer:

I will start the progress diary soon and post the video.

Is it ok to just learn using the keyboard or at some point we need to purchase a real piano?

I am very happy and have high hope on this program but feel a bit insecure cause all his friends take private piano lesson and I have no knowledge about music.

If it is possible and my son shows interest in learning piano, I want my son to take standard piano exam.

Regards,

Juliva

More
25 Sep 2014 05:51 #16060 by musikalgen
Replied by musikalgen on topic Hi from Singapore
Hi Juliva,

We're so encouraged that you're one great amazing mum helping your own children through this wonderful programme!

We could be contacted at musikalgenesis@gmail.com/ 9768 0367 should you need any help :)

Warmest greetings.

More
20 Feb 2015 08:58 #18091 by musikalgen
Hello Juliva,

We are curious to know how is your son doing on the piano now? Also, we do have some new songs that might motivate him to play the piano even more. Please give us a call @ 97680367 if you would like to link up.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Jed
Musikal Genesis

More
20 Feb 2015 09:01 #18092 by musikalgen
Hi,

By the way, just so you know, we even have the latest ABRSM exam pieces and have a very comprehensive plan for our children to learn the piano with us!

Cheers!
Jed

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds