fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

new and overwhelmed

More
20 Mar 2014 13:50 #14131 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic new and overwhelmed

limakilo wrote: Thank you for this information.

I have been tinkering with the program and have looked at the pages you recommended. My son Rovy remains very interested in the stickers and really likes trying to play Frere Jacques.

For the curriculum, it seems to be organized by month. Should we just pick a few activities every day? I assume that for a 3 year old child, 10-15 min per day is enough?

Play 'by ear' :P Our goal is to keep them happy and loving music lessons now. Start with little amount of time and build from there.

Regarding a progress diary, I am not sure what are the numbers that everyone records. Is there a page or post that explains what we should note?

There is the number of correct notes on the very left. 0 of 17 meaning YOU PLAYED 0 OF 17 notes. On the right is the number of the time wasted.

So, please, ask your child to play everything twice and write down.
For example:
R 1 *1 stands for first, vertical presentation* 15 of 17 / time 19
R 1 16 of 17/ 10
If you have more correct notes after second time with less seconds wasted, your child is 'double winner'!!! :woohoo:

I give my students 2 flags or butterflies *music money*

Did you have a chance to read more about that here: softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-b...rite-a-new-book.html ?

Thank you for your help; I think this program will be very good for the kids.

You are welcome! Happy learning!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2014 07:32 #14770 by limakilo
Replied by limakilo on topic new and overwhelmed
Hello again,

Well, we've been practicing our piano 5 days/wk for the past few months. The kids are improving and usually enjoy themselves.

I have a question about the Gentle Piano songs. Is there any way to search for a specific song (e.g. Mozart Piano Sonata No. 16 in C major)? Is there a list somewhere online of all the songs?

And can the songs be viewed by level of difficulty, instead of in various little books?

thank you! leslie

More
20 May 2014 20:10 #14782 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic new and overwhelmed
Hello, Leslie!
Welcome! I am looking forward to read more about your learning experience.
Here is the list of the piano pieces that we have:
softmozart.com/curriculum/songs-library.html
Keep in mind that we created a converter that would allow us to add more piano pieces in the close future.

Back to the Mozart

More
03 Jun 2014 05:50 #14942 by limakilo
Replied by limakilo on topic new and overwhelmed
Thank you for that link. I didn't see the Mozart Sonata in the two Mozart sections...looks like the list isn't searchable.

Re our learning experience:
- the kids love having the solfege stickers on the piano.
- They like playing the beginner songs with Soft Mozart.

The biggest challenge is that I have trouble keeping track of what they should work on...I know there is information here but still I struggle to find it at the right moment. So we just try to play a bit most days and call it good enough. I don't usually keep track of the scores, but I admire the parents who do.

We do have Little Musician and after they learn a nursery rhyme in solfa, they like to come play it at the piano.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds