fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from Australia

More
01 Mar 2014 04:23 #13845 by DanielleMarks
Hi, I'm not big on typing in 'blogs' but I am really excited about this program and want to get the most out of it for my son so please excuse any spelling/grammar mistakes. I will answer the questions in the 'Where to start' page on your website.

My name is Danielle and I am the mother of currently one, Cooper, but with another on the way in the next two weeks or so. Cooper is two and a half and is very very keen to learn the piano. I was taught the piano throughout school so I do have some knowledge but I am excited to learn along with him. My husband is a great singer (he does most of the solfeggio singing around the house) but doesn't know much theory, so will be joining us too in 'music lessons'. We think doing it as a family will be the best way to keep Cooper practicing.

We have a PC, a Yamaha keyboard connected through an MIDI cable. It seems to be working great!

Adam and I both have good fine motor skills. My son does not. This is one of the reasons we have bought this software. He needs extra help with his right side in both gross and fine motor coordination. But he is a very determined boy so I know with practice, patience and fun, he will get there.

Our goals for Cooper are really to get him using is right hand in a more purposeful way and to be using two hands together. I know the second one may take awhile but we will work towards it. As for playing ability, I will be absolutely impressed with anything he does.

I guess I do have a question of my own.
- Should I follow the academy schedule for Prep A with Cooper. It seems like a great curriculum and not to much time each day for a two year old to manage.

I look forward to hearing from anyone in this community and getting to know you all better.

Best Regards,

Danielle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2014 01:41 #13869 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from Australia
Hi, Danielle!
Welcome!

DanielleMarks wrote: Hi, I'm not big on typing in 'blogs' but I am really excited about this program and want to get the most out of it for my son so please excuse any spelling/grammar mistakes. I will answer the questions in the 'Where to start' page on your website.

My name is Danielle and I am the mother of currently one, Cooper, but with another on the way in the next two weeks or so.

Wow, Danielle! You are REAL mom, who thinks ahead for education of her children! :)

Cooper is two and a half and is very very keen to learn the piano. I was taught the piano throughout school so I do have some knowledge but I am excited to learn along with him. My husband is a great singer (he does most of the solfeggio singing around the house) but doesn't know much theory, so will be joining us too in 'music lessons'. We think doing it as a family will be the best way to keep Cooper practicing.

In fact, this is the very foundation of Soft Mozart system.

We have a PC, a Yamaha keyboard connected through an MIDI cable. It seems to be working great!

Adam and I both have good fine motor skills. My son does not. This is one of the reasons we have bought this software. He needs extra help with his right side in both gross and fine motor coordination. But he is a very determined boy so I know with practice, patience and fun, he will get there.

How old is Cooper?

Our goals for Cooper are really to get him using is right hand in a more purposeful way and to be using two hands together. I know the second one may take awhile but we will work towards it. As for playing ability, I will be absolutely impressed with anything he does.

We will help you with your learning journey! Just use your video camera/ iPhone to document it. ;)

I guess I do have a question of my own.
- Should I follow the academy schedule for Prep A with Cooper. It seems like a great curriculum and not to much time each day for a two year old to manage.

I wish I could know his age and to watch 1-2 minutes of his practicing with Gentle piano to answer your question.

I look forward to hearing from anyone in this community and getting to know you all better.

Best Regards,

Danielle[/quote]

I am looking forward working with you!

Back to the Mozart

More
12 Mar 2014 10:37 #14009 by DanielleMarks
Replied by DanielleMarks on topic Hello from Australia
Hi Hellene,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Like I mentioned I'm not big on blogs but we have been practicing. My Son is 2yrs and 9 months, and has fine motor delays with his right hand. I will aim to get video of him playing Gentle piano very soon. I will make a new entry in the daily progress diaries, where I will tell you what we have been doing and his progress.

Any guidance in this would be much appreciated.

Thank you again for your reply.

Best Regards,

Danielle

More
14 Mar 2014 06:06 #14060 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from Australia

DanielleMarks wrote: Hi Hellene,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Like I mentioned I'm not big on blogs but we have been practicing. My Son is 2yrs and 9 months, and has fine motor delays with his right hand. I will aim to get video of him playing Gentle piano very soon. I will make a new entry in the daily progress diaries, where I will tell you what we have been doing and his progress.

Any guidance in this would be much appreciated.

Thank you again for your reply.

Best Regards,

Danielle

Hi, Daniel,
Are you following our Lesson plan?
softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html

I would like to see your videos to be able to give you any advice on your son's fine motor skills development.

Back to the Mozart

More
20 Feb 2015 09:11 #18093 by musikalgen
Replied by musikalgen on topic Hello from Australia
Hello Danielle,

You have a lovely family and have bright plans for your children. We're in Singapore and we've been teaching with the SM with very good results so far. Can we know which part of Australia you're living in?

Warmest Regards,
Jed
Musikal Genesis, Singapore

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds