fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello!

More
06 Jul 2013 21:12 #11403 by robbyjo
Hello! was created by robbyjo
Hello!

I have a daughter who just turned 2 a week ago. I'm planning to get her started with music. My wife and I are no musicians. Neither of us play piano or keyboard. As far as music is concerned, I am a beginner guitarist and my wife is mostly a vocalist. But we're in no way professional.

I have a question: Is a 2-year old ready for Soft Mozart? Her fine motoric skill still needs some work. She loves dancing at music---whenever a music is being played, she feels compelled to dance. Other than that, she's not very interested in music. And she can't sit still for very long. Would that be okay to start her now or should I wait a little bit (6 or 12 month later)?

I have a technical question regarding SoftMozart an I'll ask it at the appropriate forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2013 23:34 - 07 Jul 2013 23:35 #11410 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Hello!
Welcome to Soft Mozart forum!

We do have some students who started at 2 year old. They will develop fine motor skills by practicing.
Hellene Hiner has posted recently a fresh experience with a strong willed 2 year old. She's teaching us how to teach our 2 year olds:

How to teach 2-year-old toddler to play Hanon#1

2-year-old Phillip learn 'French Song' from Introductory Album:

Andrea Sandu
President of Soft Mozart PTO
Last edit: 07 Jul 2013 23:35 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SeasonHenderson

More
08 Jul 2013 03:50 #11413 by robbyjo
Replied by robbyjo on topic Hello!
Thanks, it looks encouraging. I'm just not sure whether I can apply the same approach to my daughter. She'll revolt.

More
10 Jul 2013 23:00 #11446 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Hello!
I see 3 important factors in this: the child with her personality and likes/dislikes, the teacher/parent and teacher's/parent's teaching method. We do have demo version and you can try that one and see how it goes. We also have different videos and materials either Soft Mozart made or made by users of Soft Mozart to help with teaching early learners, including LM files.

Please check "Share" section of the forum for materials. As for demo, you can get it from the website in "Try it for yourself" or you can write at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we'll give you Lite Version.

At first, I didn't trust myself as music illiterate nor Hellene, even if she knows very well what she is teaching and why. With time, I got to do both. All we need is to start somewhere and continue. Kids are wonderful and amazing.

Andrea

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds