fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from another newbie

• mamaduck
  • mamaduck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Jun 2013 17:25 - 04 Jun 2013 17:31 #10667 by mamaduck
Hello from another newbie was created by mamaduck
Hello,

I am so glad I discovered Soft Mozart about a month ago. It seems this was the answer to my long search for our music education. We are a homeschooling family with three children Jacob 9, Sarah soon to be 7, and Esther 5, living in the US. I have always had a desire to learn the piano and was briefly exposed to music theory in high school.

My father liked to play Classical music albums when we were young and it was wonderful seeing some of that music in the Music collections list. Maybe one day we (my nieces included)will surprise him and my Mom with a mini concert. Wouldn't that be something?!! We have been learning using the demo and hope to be ready to start the program in the new school year.

I am reading Hellene's book and it is such an eye opener to read the history of music and the way we learn music. English is not my native language so I totally get the idea of tonal language because we also have words that are spelled the same but the tone in which they are spoken can change their meanings. There is so much rich info. in this book.

In many ways I'm finding SM has been an answer to prayers and I see wonderful benefits already such as enjoyment of instrumental music, discipline, patience, completing tasks, focus, mastering skills etc.
The children's videos sold me to the program. Playing piano at ages 2,3,4... just amazing!! I am encouraged by the other adult learners featured on the forum. I'm excited about our musical journey. It's great seeing so many nationalities represented here and hopefully we'll get to see more from Kenya as well.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 17:31 by mamaduck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 08:38 #10780 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Hello from another newbie
:woohoo: From Kenya? Welcome! This is a first, as far as those who posted!

:) Happy to have your family here, with us! Feel free to contact us anytime, on forum or at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thank you for your words and for watching the children's videos. They deserve to be appreciated. Playing piano and learning so young extends their possibilities. It's very challenging and they are all amazing on what they do with the right tools in hand and under the right guidance.

My oldest loves piano. If I ever stop making learning fun for him he will stop playing when I'm around. If I give him a warming and encouraging environment there's no limit to what he can achieve. All the children in the world are amazing if stimulated.

Andrea Sandu
President
Soft Mozart PTO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds