fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Exciting, isn't it !?!

More
04 Jun 2013 06:18 #10642 by LukeF
Exciting, isn't it !?! was created by LukeF
Although the homeschooling conference here in Iowa was enjoyable on many levels, the highlight for me - by far - was meeting Hellene, Sonya, and Sasha and experiencing Hellene's awesome creation.

My wife and I had purposed to include piano in our homeschool, but were just waiting for our kids to be old enough for lessons with the local teachers. Not only is Hellene's system intuitive and (as far as I am convinced after my demo in Des Moines) highly effective, but we are hopeful it will also allow us to do what we did not know how to do. That is, to teach our kids piano and give them the ability and desire to create wonderful music to be used for good and to the glory of God. Oh, and we want to learn too! I won't speak for my wife here, but playing piano has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I am sure I sound like a broken record having repeated that more than once on these forums, but it's true.

We are excited to start... admittedly, we're a little overwhelmed also, but after digging around on here for an hour or two tonight I am feeling much better. Perhaps you've heard how best to eat an elephant? Time for the first bite, I think! :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 09:34 #10646 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Exciting, isn't it !?!
Hi, Luke!
Great to have you and your family with us!

LukeF wrote: Although the homeschooling conference here in Iowa was enjoyable on many levels, the highlight for me - by far - was meeting Hellene, Sonya, and Sasha and experiencing Hellene's awesome creation.

My wife and I had purposed to include piano in our homeschool, but were just waiting for our kids to be old enough for lessons with the local teachers. Not only is Hellene's system intuitive and (as far as I am convinced after my demo in Des Moines) highly effective, but we are hopeful it will also allow us to do what we did not know how to do. That is, to teach our kids piano and give them the ability and desire to create wonderful music to be used for good and to the glory of God.

Did you have a chance to read my book 'You CAN be a musician' ? I started writing another one with tips about teaching children. This summer I am focusing on writing as much as I can. The beginning is here: softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-b...rite-a-new-book.html

Also the more I know about your progress, the more I will be able to help you. Please, don't hesitate to ask ANY questions and let me know, if something is bothering you. The one is not making mistakes who is doing nothing. ;)

Oh, and we want to learn too! I won't speak for my wife here, but playing piano has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I am sure I sound like a broken record having repeated that more than once on these forums, but it's true.

Did you start your learning diaries yet?

We are excited to start... admittedly, we're a little overwhelmed also, but after digging around on here for an hour or two tonight I am feeling much better. Perhaps you've heard how best to eat an elephant? Time for the first bite, I think! :blink:

Here what you have to do to start: open your learning diary and discribe what you all doing with software so far.
Start learning using the curriculum and post your progress.
Post videos to see your and childrens hands in playing the pieces.
I am going to give assignment to each of you and we'll make a plan for this summer activity to make the best preparations for the school year.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
04 Jun 2013 11:20 #10654 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Exciting, isn't it !?!
I've been dreaming for about 20 years to learn to play piano. I love this instrument, never got a real chance in this direction till I searched learning tools for my oldest. Got my eyes on Soft Mozart after reading Hellene's posts and other's reviews on a forum and when Hellene came with a great offer (money were prepared ;) ), I took the opportunity.

Before that, I tried to use whatever I could get my hands on related to educational materials teaching music. Now I feel I have found a tool that teaches and helps overall development, including voice. Singing solfege and trying to keep the pitch helped me educate my voice too. (This is the other part of my dream one the road to be fulfilled).

Happy to see you here!

Andrea

More
04 Jun 2013 19:37 #10672 by LukeF
Replied by LukeF on topic Exciting, isn't it !?!
Yes, I have started your book "You Can..." I have been writing scores and results as I've been using the software, but I haven't actually started a notebook yet. (I will get one today!) I'll also post some of my results tonight and will start a learning diary (or progress journal), whichever it is called. These are my goals for today. Thanks again. I may not be able to post videos until next week, as Lauren and kids are off visiting grandparents and I'm here for work by myself. No big deal though, we will do that too when they return. A mini learning plan for the summer sounds great! I'll share my starter plan too... tonight. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds