fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from a newbie

More
05 Jun 2013 05:49 #10681 by BlessedtoknowHim
Hi Hellene,

I did install everything. We are waiting for our digital piano to arrive in the mail, so we did not connect it.

I have read (and re-read) the user manual and have read the book, "You Can Be a Musician."

We began our introduction to piano today by playing Note Duration (one of the games that doesn't require a keyboard or piano) and printing some flashcards.

I read the lesson plan/sample and am in the process of making a recording sheet for each of my children to complete according to the assignment on a given day so we can track their progress. The kids are ages 12, 11, and 7-all are new to reading music and playing a keyboard or piano. After I get the ball rolling with them, then I will work on incorporating the piano with the youngest (14 months).

I selected the link labeled Progress Diaries embedded in the user manual and noticed many people have posted under the topic. In some instances, it seemed like the user continued added to the initial post rather than making separate posts for each entry. Is that the preferred method? It makes sense to me to do so, but what makes sense to me may not be the way to go ;) Should I make three posts-one for each of my children participating or just combine all in one post?
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mrs.Post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 03:43 - 06 Jun 2013 03:45 #10770 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Hello from a newbie
It is the Iowa Coalition of Soft Mozart. I met all of you at the conference. So glad to see you here. A recital one year from now is an excellent idea and I will be there. Maybe, just maybe, we can figure out how to time it with the Niche conference, assuming everyone is going of course. That way, we might be able to beg, plead and cajole Hellene into coming again. How can she not?

Welcome everyone! I it is really nice to have you all on board. You can reach me at my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please enjoy the recital season. It is a wonderful encouragement!
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 03:45 by Mrs.Post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesmillsia

More
06 Jun 2013 08:13 - 06 Jun 2013 08:16 #10779 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Hello from a newbie

BlessedtoknowHim wrote: ;) Should I make three posts-one for each of my children participating or just combine all in one post?

Yes, one for each child is much better and easier to track down.

We started music illiterate. And I was pregnant when both my oldest (almost 5 now) ad I started playing. The youngest (1 yr 4 mo) has started learning Solfeggio when he was 6 months by watching us, listening to us and watching materials with Soft Mozart Song Chant. He has been singing solfege for 4-5 months and recognizing everywhere things related to music. It's like pushing a button: wherever he sees musical instruments or notes he starts singing solfege :lol:

Oh, did I mentin both my sons have developed their ear and voice and are trying to sing to get to the pitch of a note? Alin can sing pretty high. Ovidiu is still at Do major and I have moved up the limits of my voice because of the Song Chant.

Andrea
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 08:16 by andreasro.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds