fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Combining Soft Mozart and Suzuki

More
09 Jun 2017 14:57 #26284 by telu
My daughter was accepted to a Suzuki school (piano) the other day, which of course made me very happy. There is only one such school where I live. It is quite prestigious and they accept only very few children each year. Why my daughter was accepted remains a mystery. Maybe it actually was because I told them that she has been playing with Soft Mozart from an early age. At least I think so...

Now, the question is how one would be able to combine the Soft Mozart and Suzuki methods. Of course, I know that Hellene is going to say that Soft Mozart is a completely unique system etc, but I still find it worthwhile to create a thread on this forum where we could discuss differences and similarities between the two schools/methods. Maybe someone here has even tried them both out?

I personally would like to let my daughter continue with Soft Mozart when the Suzuki class starts this fall, but the question is, again, how easy or hard it would be to combine them both and how it should be done in the best possible way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2017 15:41 #26285 by hellene

telu wrote: My daughter was accepted to a Suzuki school (piano) the other day, which of course made me very happy. There is only one such school where I live. It is quite prestigious and they accept only very few children each year. Why my daughter was accepted remains a mystery. Maybe it actually was because I told them that she has been playing with Soft Mozart from an early age. At least I think so...

Congratulations!

Now, the question is how one would be able to combine the Soft Mozart and Suzuki methods.

Suzuki like most of other methods use Grand Staff and traditional music notation. The only difference between Soft Mozart and Suzuki is that we made music notation Elementary and interactive. There is absolutely no conflict between those 2 since both aimed to read traditional notation.

Of course, I know that Hellene is going to say that Soft Mozart is a completely unique system etc, but I still find it worthwhile to create a thread on this forum where we could discuss differences and similarities between the two schools/methods. Maybe someone here has even tried them both out?

I will try my best to explain it in very simple way. I developed the same approach as different formats in reading books: children start with ABC - move to picture books - chapter books etc
Large letters and pictures are must for beginners. Suzuki as all other methods didn't spell out the notation for our eyes. Therefore, they use fingering, listening to the recording and Solfeggio (we also do) to combat sight-reading problems. Many Suzuki students develop excellent memory and ear, but unable to read score. My method is used by many approaches including Suzuki for sight-reading improvement.

Initially music notation was created to be read by lines. I recreated the tradition. Therefore, there is no conflict.

I personally would like to let my daughter continue with Soft Mozart when the Suzuki class starts this fall, but the question is, again, how easy or hard it would be to combine them both and how it should be done in the best possible way.

The best way for us to communicate is through emails exchange and/or ton this forum. The best interest of your child is our highest priority!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds