fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Manda adult beginner 2nd month

More
31 Jan 2012 10:50 #1571 by Mandabplus3
Oh I had a lovely practice tonight. I put all the kids to bed sent my hubby away and had a good old time :)
I started off by having a go sight reading the nursery primer album. Well I wouldnt call myself an expert :lol: I felt so off my game. I find that some days I am so on the ball and other days I am SOOOOO uncoordinated! :side: oh well I played on presentation 5 I found six too small for the computer screen after watching those enormous spots on view 1 and 3! I played the entire album, three times each song. I made between 0 and 3 mistakes on all of them by the third play through but 5 mistakes on Mary had a little lamb. After this excersize I can clearly see I need to focus more on what notes are where on the grand staff. I have a game in mind to play with the kids to help us all ;) I know the games in soft Mozart help with this but it's more a right brain unconscious learning with those and right now I need a left brain very conscious activity! I DID enjoy this sight reading more than I thought I would.
I played each one only three times as I didn't want to remember them, but just to play the notes.
After that I scrolled through some of the level one Albums ( nursery 1, favorite classics 1, boogie 1, Christmas carols, and Christmas classics) and I found the perfect song for me :) its called the Laughing Song! Well those who read my posts will know why I just HAD to play this song :) so I did!
Right hand 41/41 plus t11 after six attempts, left hand 67/67 plus t14 after 4 attempts. Funny enough but it was after I started singing I picked up the right hand! :silly: Slow learner!
I also played St Lucia right hand four times. 44/47 plus t17. I liked the tune.
I actually thought I had missed my chance at piano today (running errands for our business) but found some time after dinner and because it was kid free time I had a longer time to play. Although my partner is as disrupting as the kids at least I can tell him to go away! :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2012 10:53 - 31 Jan 2012 10:54 #1572 by Mandabplus3
Oh I also did my finger excersizes. My chromatic scale is pretty good now, I still have a lazier finger on my hanon but getting stronger every day :)
Last edit: 31 Jan 2012 10:54 by Mandabplus3. Reason: Spelling! It's always spelling :)

More
31 Jan 2012 17:49 #1591 by hellene
Amanda, if you already exploring 'Santa Lucia' and 'Laughing song'... Well, exploring? You LEARNED them already - you are at the beginning of the next year! :lol:

Next time you hide the notes and memorize the pieces. Next time - playing with a 'metronome'

After that we'll work a little on character and dynamics (if we need to) - and pieces for the recital are ready! :woohoo:

Laughing song is my favorite, too, btw

Back to the Mozart

More
01 Feb 2012 00:54 #1617 by Mandabplus3
Oops I didn't mean to jump that far ahead! What did I miss in the last year :) I was just having some fun. Isn't it stange how quickly you can learn something when you are self motivated.
Well it will take me a while to put that laughing song together I think but I enjoy it so I will try memorizing one hand at a time. But oh no! I picked the judges favorite song for the recital! Nonpressure there :silly:

More
01 Feb 2012 17:26 #1651 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oops I didn't mean to jump that far ahead! What did I miss in the last year :) I was just having some fun. Isn't it stange how quickly you can learn something when you are self motivated.
Well it will take me a while to put that laughing song together I think but I enjoy it so I will try memorizing one hand at a time. But oh no! I picked the judges favorite song for the recital! Nonpressure there :silly:

Yeah, you had locked yourself just in! ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
04 Feb 2012 10:55 #1714 by Mandabplus3
I have been learning the Laughing song. Its an odd kind of tune to get both hands around. Sometimes one plays, sometimes both for the same notes so its a mental stretch. I have the right hand almost memorised now but need to speed it up (plus t14 when hidden) I havnt tried hiding the left hand yet. Both hands I got to 107/108 plus t34.
I havnt cut the piece for practice but I might for one small bit I keep getting muddled on the timeing. Seperately I can play both hands really well and fast but together needs work.
Thats all I have done for 2 days...hmm maybe I should play fruitlines for a break :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds