fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Maia (5 years old) and Camelia

More
21 Mar 2014 18:35 #14135 by camelia1902
Today’s post is about a one missing tooth, happy little "cat" and her boogie dance, about more sight-reading (with P2), a new piano key guessing game and the Base Staff Puzzle School.

A. With no further talking, here is Maia’s sight-reading collage (Can Can, Bridal Chorus, Egyptian Dance, Symphony no.1):

B. Her latest score in the Base Staff Puzzle is 268 points in 5:36 minutes.

C. I printed and laminated the highlighted key flashcards. In the video below, Maia sees them for the first time:

D. We played, for the first time, a boogie song and we enjoyed it so much!
Here is Maia interpreting “Cat Boogie” and sending Hellene kisses:

Happy learning everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2014 03:45 #14137 by hellene

camelia1902 wrote: Today’s post is about a one missing tooth, happy little "cat" and her boogie dance, about more sight-reading (with P2), a new piano key guessing game and the Base Staff Puzzle School.

A. With no further talking, here is Maia’s sight-reading collage (Can Can, Bridal Chorus, Egyptian Dance, Symphony no.1):

Yes the progress is great! I can hear music now! Way to go, Maia!

B. Her latest score in the Base Staff Puzzle is 268 points in 5:36 minutes.

Outstanding! :woohoo:

C. I printed and laminated the highlighted key flashcards. In the video below, Maia sees them for the first time:

Great job! Very fast recognition of the keys. At the end is Ci (Ti) bemol!

D. We played, for the first time, a boogie song and we enjoyed it so much!
Here is Maia interpreting “Cat Boogie” and sending Hellene kisses:

Maia, you started great. Don't rush at the end. Play with my videos more! ;)

Happy learning everyone!

I am VERY PROUD of you!

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Mar 2014 15:40 #14143 by camelia1902
Thank you so, so much, dear Hellene, for the suggestions and advice!
Maia send hugs and kisses!

More
28 Mar 2014 11:34 - 30 Mar 2014 06:55 #14241 by camelia1902
Hello, everyone!
1. Although, at the beginning, she found it difficult to play “Cat Boogie” with the teaching video, Maia finally managed to do it:

And this is a better interpretation (I hope) of the above mentioned piece:

2. I was so happy to see how quickly she learns to play the Do-Major:

3. For the music interpretation section, this week we studied a magnificent book, called “Listen to the Birds”. It is an introduction to classical music, written by Ana Gerhard, and illustrated by Cecilia Varela, and accompanied by a CD containing 20 excerpts from different recordings performed by world-class luminaries including the London Symphony Orchestra, the Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra, and the Toronto Chamber Orchestra.

I quote from the book:
Throughout history, birds have caught the imagination of composers and inspired their creativity. Works by Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, and others introduce children to classical music through the discovery of the melodious similarities between notes produced by instruments such as flute, the organ, and the harpsichord and the birds’ songs. In addition to lovely illustrations, the book features a glossary of musical terms, a short biography of each composer, and a brief description of each bird evoked or mentioned in the composition.

Make your own impressions about the book visiting this site, where you can read all the stories and listen to all the tracks: www.thesecretmountain.com/node/1524 .
Since we plan to begin studying Mozart, I was so happy to find in “Listen to the Birds” three works of him!
Maia got so, so excited about this book, that I designed cards with all the birds mentioned in it. She can now match the music she hears with the bird cards.

You can download them from here: docs.google.com/file/d/0ByW769RKGiaWb3VxSFhSbVg3akU/edit

4. We have also approached “Old Woman in a Shoe”.
This is Maia sight-reading (right hand):

5. I wasn’t joking when I said that Maia knew “Largo” by heart. Seeing little Dominic writing a music dictation on “Ode of Joy”, I wondered if Maia would like to try this exercise, too.
To my surprise, she adores “the game” and seems to really know the treble staff (although she still tends to cram the notes, to write them too close to each other):

You can download the file with the keys from here: docs.google.com/file/d/0ByW769RKGiaWM2dyY0NjeXVuRE0/edit

We even took “Largo” out, and she wrote the music dictation with chalk, on the sidewalk:

6. For everyone interested, I also have a suggestion on learning the rhythm in music. When Maia was 3 and a half years old she learnt it this way:

If you are interested in these cards I designed, you can download them from here: docs.google.com/file/d/0ByW769RKGiaWTzhUdEZSZjhjNm8/edit
After learning them inside the house we took the game out. With a piece of chalk, I drew a big circle, full of symbols, and she began running on it, singing.
Whenever I would say “Stop!” she would clap and stomp her feet, saying ta, ti-ti, tiki-tiki or stay still and silent for “rest”:

Have a nice weekend and happy learning everyone!
Last edit: 30 Mar 2014 06:55 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, the Moon, ZNatalia

More
29 Mar 2014 21:53 #14258 by the Moon
Dear Camelia, thank you very much for all your materials! They just SUPER, as always!
I am especially interested in flash cards with note duration. Unfortunately the link didn't work...

If you are interested in these cards I designed, you can download them from here: docs.google.com/file/d/0ByW769RKGiaWTzhUdEZSZjhjNm8/edit.

Is it only my problem? :blush: Can you help, please?

Also I like you cards with keys. Do you have any files to share? :blush: or you drew them?

Thank you!

More
29 Mar 2014 22:44 #14261 by ZNatalia
Hello, Camelia!
I’m Natalia, Russian music teacher. Excuse my not very well English :)
I’m so exited about your dairy! You & Maia are great! I see and hear that Maia loves music. I love books that you recommended! I’ve bought some already. Nice outside rhythm game. Thank you for shearing!
Maia writes music dictation very well and she knows rhythm in music. I think she can add rhythm to her dictation very soon. But Maia writes notes too close and she may be confused with rhythm.

I think that you’ve already red it, but just friendly reminder ☺ :)
Hellene wrote:

I asked Rachel to use her index finger to place between the notes at the beginning. Why is that? Kids have tendency to place the skinny notes too close to each other. However, when you have to write any melody down FAST you have to be really generous with the space. Otherwise you won't be able to read and correct what you had just been written.

Here’s the post: softmozart.com/forum/48-summer-curriculu...usic-dictations.html

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds